Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to move adjusment sliders using keyboard keys?  (Read 8619 times)

AFairley

Any way to move adjusment sliders using keyboard keys?
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:16 pm »

I have a hard time moving adjustment sliders in small increments (i.e. a unit or fraction of a unit) using the mouse.  It's a pain to have to retype values into the number box to change the values. Is there any way to move the sliders side to using the keyboard?  For example in PTLens, you can "activate" a slider by clicking on its handle.  Then hitting the left or right arrow key will move the slider one unit or 1/10 of a unit at a time, it's a real easy way to make small incremental changes when adjusting for parallelism or rotation for example.  (This is where I am making tiny changes in rotation, for example, the redraw lag is such that I can't just watch the screen in real time to make the adjustment).

Note to Eric:  if this isn't present in ACR or PS now, it would be a great addition for ease of use, IMO.

Tom Montgomery

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:43 pm »

It is the up and down arrow keys in ACR (and PS). (At least, it is on the Mac; dunno about Windows.)
Shift-up/down works in larger increments.  The tab key moves to the next parameter, and shift-tab moves backwards...

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:27:46 pm »

Quote from: Tom Montgomery
It is the up and down arrow keys in ACR (and PS). (At least, it is on the Mac; dunno about Windows.)
Shift-up/down works in larger increments.  The tab key moves to the next parameter, and shift-tab moves backwards...
That's good to know. I never realized that.

I just checked and Lightroom is different (at least LR3 Beta2): you use the + and - keys to move the current slider up and down (and if you try the arrow keys, a reminder pops up briefly in the middle of the image you are editing.

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:43:38 am »

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes

I just checked and Lightroom is different (at least LR3 Beta2): you use the + and - keys to move the current slider up and down (and if you try the arrow keys, a reminder pops up briefly in the middle of the image you are editing.

I also found that in LR3B2 once you clicked the slider you can also use your mouse scroll wheel to move it up/down.

Only the increments are sometimes a bit large for my taste
pieter, aka pegelli

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:02:34 am »

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes

In the Windows version of Lightroom 3 Beta 2 at least, the up and down arrow keys work fine for adjustments.  I keep trying to use the L/R arrow keys since the sliders move L/R, but no, it's up/down.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

AFairley

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:21 am »

That's great!  (I had tried the left-right arrow, never thought about up-down).  Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Pages: [1]   Go Up