Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Softproof, Mac vs PC  (Read 1443 times)

walter.sk

Softproof, Mac vs PC
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:15:28 pm »

I've been softproofing successfully for years with my PC, now Win7 & PSCS5 64-bit.  I work by duplicating my image and adding adjustment layers to get the softproofed image to look as close as possible to the duplicated original image.

On the PC I always choose "Simulate Paper Color" in the Proof Color Setup dialog box, and when the softproofed version gets a slight color change I use a Color Balance adjustment layer, as well as others for adjusting saturation and levels.

I tried showing my wife how to do the same on her Mac with OS 10.6 and PSCS5, 64-bit.  Oddly, the softproofed file showed a color shift, but regardless of how I adjusted the Color Balance and Hue/Saturation layers, the part of the image that was actually white but now showing the color shift would not change, even though other elements in the image were able to be corrected.  This led to some ridiculous results when printed.

Only by unchecking the "Simulate Paper Color" option in the Proof Colors Custom setup were we able to adjust the image as I had done on my PC.

Does Mac/Photoshop use some other method of applying the Simulate Paper Color option?  What would explain what I experienced?
Pages: [1]   Go Up