Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A suggestion for where this forum should live  (Read 2948 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
A suggestion for where this forum should live
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:30:31 am »

I know many Pros shoot medium format - but many more don't. I shot 35mm digital as a pro before selling my kids portraiture business early this year (I just never needed MF). I literally stumbled on this forum because I had a few minutes spare tonight and thought I would see what was going on in the MF area of LuLa. Now that I shoot landscape there is a greater appeal to MF gear.. and I might just weaken.. but I digress...

Can I suggest that perhaps this 'sub forum' really needs to be a forum in its own right where *cough* 35mm digital professionals can also have input and not specifically be excluded because the forum is tied to the MF area?

Or.. is this hallowed MF ground?

Not looking to inflame any arguments - just offering an external opinion.

Wild Nature Photo Travel

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:05:49 am »

I agree - it belongs to be a forum in its own right.

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:04 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Or.. is this hallowed MF ground?

I think you're looking for a forum called "Business Discussion" (doesnt exist) because there is a large portion of "pro" photographers that aren't creating high quality images. This might be the reason why it is in the MF forum. It's specifically geared toward MF photographers. I think if you start getting posts on senior portrait business you're going to alienate the commercial photographers. I think its more to keep out certain types of photographers rather than the type of camera. I could be way off though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up