Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca M-Line Two - Quick Release Question  (Read 2957 times)

galupi20

Arca M-Line Two - Quick Release Question
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:41:05 am »

Hi,,,Can you tell me wich Quick Release is used with this M-Line Two. I am buying this camera and want to know wich Quick release I have to buy.

I have a Gitzo GT5540Ls and Markins M20.

Thanks a lot

Luis

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 08:49:04 am »

Quote from: galupi20
Hi,,,Can you tell me wich Quick Release is used with this M-Line Two. I am buying this camera and want to know wich Quick release I have to buy.

I have a Gitzo GT5540Ls and Markins M20.

Thanks a lot

Luis

I beleive chris uses this one. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3423..._Flip_lock.html . You should just send him a message. He posts on this forum often, under CBarrett.

On another note, I wouldn't be using a ballhead if I were you. Not much control there.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:51:32 am by JonathanBenoit »

galupi20

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:26:49 am »

Thanks for your answer and advice Jonathan. I have one of  this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5540...eared_Head.html  .

How can I use the M-Line Two whis this head ?

Thanks

Luis

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03:50 pm »

Thanks for your answer and advice Jonathan. I have one of  this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5540...eared_Head.html  .

How can I use the M-Line Two whis this head ?

Thanks

Luis
I'm sure the arca quick release will attach to that head. That head would be overkill though. I use the Manfrotto 410.

galupi20

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:01:44 pm »

Answer from Chris Barrett : " In these photos I am mounting the Arca on a Manfrotto 410 Tripod Head. There is a short rail clamp that holds the camera's rail to the tripod head. That rail clamp is included with the camera "

Luis

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:57:56 pm »

Answer from Chris Barrett : " In these photos I am mounting the Arca on a Manfrotto 410 Tripod Head. There is a short rail clamp that holds the camera's rail to the tripod head. That rail clamp is included with the camera "

Luis

He's talking about the rail clamp with the arca quick release thread. You still need to slide that into the quick release plate. The Manfrotto 410 doesnt have an arca-type quick release plate, so you need to screw the Manfrotto plate into an arca quick release adapter. I'm pretty sure the link i posted above is the exact arca-type quick release adapter Chris has. That might come with the camera as well, but I'd be surprised.

galupi20

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:55:46 pm »

Quote from: JonathanBenoit
He's talking about the rail clamp with the arca quick release thread. You still need to slide that into the quick release plate. The Manfrotto 410 doesnt have an arca-type quick release plate, so you need to screw the Manfrotto plate into an arca quick release adapter. I'm pretty sure the link i posted above is the exact arca-type quick release adapter Chris has. That might come with the camera as well, but I'd be surprised.

Ok Jonatham.. as I understand you :  From bottom to top : Tripod Head ( Manfrotto 400 in my case ),  Arca-Swiss Quick Release Adapter with Flip-lock ( have to buy it ), rail clamp with Arca quick release thread ( comes with the camera ) and the M-Line Two.

Am I right ?

Luis
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:56:29 pm by galupi20 »

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »

Ok Jonatham.. as I understand you :  From bottom to top : Tripod Head ( Manfrotto 400 in my case ),  Arca-Swiss Quick Release Adapter with Flip-lock ( have to buy it ), rail clamp with Arca quick release thread ( comes with the camera ) and the M-Line Two.

Am I right ?

Luis

You are correct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up