Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ewa-Marine Camera/lens water protection  (Read 2047 times)

Patricia Sheley

Ewa-Marine Camera/lens water protection
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:36:06 am »

Does anyone have a source for the Ewa-Marine shooting bags...or negative experience with...I'm theorizing they may be helpful in my love of wet weather shooting...I currently use various jury rigged plastic bag combinations...I didn't worry as much with the 1DsM11, but find myself using the 5DII more and more... Thanks, Pat
A common woman~

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:04:28 pm »

Quote from: psheleyimages
Does anyone have a source for the Ewa-Marine shooting bags...or negative experience with...I'm theorizing they may be helpful in my love of wet weather shooting...I currently use various jury rigged plastic bag combinations...I didn't worry as much with the 1DsM11, but find myself using the 5DII more and more... Thanks, Pat

I have one, used about three times on holiday last year. I used it snorkeling with a 1DsmkIII, it worked as it should. I would not use it out of the water there are easier to use wet weather protection devices available. I think it would work best for getting shots when you are in the water, like low shots of someone paddling a canoe or surfing etc not very suitable for general photography when it's raining. The easiest thing to use in the rain would be the smkII, covers are a lot less convenient.

Kevin.
Kevin.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »

Quote from: KevinA
I have one, used about three times on holiday last year. I used it snorkeling with a 1DsmkIII, it worked as it should. I would not use it out of the water there are easier to use wet weather protection devices available. I think it would work best for getting shots when you are in the water, like low shots of someone paddling a canoe or surfing etc not very suitable for general photography when it's raining. The easiest thing to use in the rain would be the smkII, covers are a lot less convenient.

Kevin.
Kevin...thanks for your input on the bag...herein lies my problem...I'm doing long IR captures which I set up initially for my selected focus using live view...after that I'm wide open to where that exposure takes me...I've been struggling with the tradeoff off trusted sealing vs external protection and saw the sleeve/bag...maybe my brain is screwed in cross thread, but my initial selective focus is important to the the end result for me...often without the TS-E I could not set it up for that initial "ground " image...I know the solution is right in front of me...people live in bubbles against immune deficiency...maybe I can figure something...
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up