Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: installing CS5  (Read 7830 times)

abaazov

• http://
installing CS5
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:18:13 am »

are you supposed to manually uninstall CS4 if you installed CS5 upgrade?
Amnon

abaazov

• http://
installing CS5
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:38:43 am »

no ideas?
amnon

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
installing CS5
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:49:49 am »

Quote from: abaazov
no ideas?
amnon

Don't know about PC, but I think with Mac you can leave both on at the same time. If you do want to uninstall CS4, then there is an uninstall app in the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4 folder.

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
installing CS5
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:59:10 am »

As the previous poster mentioned you can leave CS4 on your PC while you are learning and testing the new features of CS5 and as a backup just in case but there should be no issues with CS5 as this is the final release and not beta - but new releases have been know in th epast to have some issues.  I once I install a new version of photoshop and make sure I did it correctly (all things seem to work properly and my pluginns are found etc.) I remove the previous version just to free up disk space.  Make sure that you first deactivate your copy (a se;ectopm frp, the Help menu pulldown) while you are connected to the web BEFORE you remove the program.  This way if you ever have to reinstall Adobe will know that you do not already have it activated on a PC and then possibly require you to call in and get a new licence code.

KeithR

installing CS5
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:05 am »

You can have(and I would recommend leaving) CS4 and CS5 on your PC at the same time. Only one version can be opened at any one time. I have always kept the previous version on until I made sure the newest version works as it should and to make sure any third party plug ins I have are compatible in the new version or until upgrades/updates are available. When you are satisfied that all is well, you can "deactivate" then install the previous version. Make sure you deactivate before you uninstall.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:06:48 am by KeithR »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
installing CS5
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:50 am »

Quote from: KeithR
Only one version can be opened at any one time. I have always kept the previous version on until I made sure the newest version works as it should and to make sure any third party plug ins I have are compatible in the new version or until upgrades/updates are available.
Not quite true, you can have both CS4 + CS5 PS open at same time with no problems, but only one version of Br can be opened at any one time.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Dave Gurtcheff

installing CS5
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:56:09 am »

Quote from: KeithR
You can have(and I would recommend leaving) CS4 and CS5 on your PC at the same time. Only one version can be opened at any one time. I have always kept the previous version on until I made sure the newest version works as it should and to make sure any third party plug ins I have are compatible in the new version or until upgrades/updates are available. When you are satisfied that all is well, you can "deactivate" then install the previous version. Make sure you deactivate before you uninstall.
I was considering leaving CS4 and CS5 both on my PC, so I can use the numerous Plug-Ins with CS4, and the advanced features of CS5. Content Aware fill is something I will use often. I know I can reinstall the plugins in CS5, but it is always a hassle, some I don't remember where I downloaded to, some I have original disks, then upgraded on-line etc, and a million passwords to retrieve them on line.
Is this viable?  
Dave

NigelC

installing CS5
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:24:16 am »

I have just upgraded from CS2 to CS4 as cheaper than buying CS5 upgrade (entitled to free upgrade from Adobe if buy CS4 between April and July in UK) I will then have CS5, CS4 and CS2 on my computer and same on laptop which also has PS7 - what should I delete when CS5 installed and running - presumably OK to uninstall CS2/PS7.

Also, haven't seen any prompt to activate as with CS2?
Pages: [1]   Go Up