Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aperture 3 still waiting for stability  (Read 4077 times)

jduncan

Aperture 3 still waiting for stability
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

Hello. This month (April) I delayed the purchase of the Aperture 3 upgrade. I was concern about the mixed reviews. The true to be told, I don't have any stability problems with Aperture 2. But some features of 3 really cached my eye. Performance is not an issue since I am not a working pro.
I am more a prosumer, and I believe that's control the lack of speed (most of my pictures are very close to what I want, and I don't have a client to satisfy, nor  a dead line) I enjoy the preparation of the pictures for print etc.  My concern is stability. I am running and iMac24 aluminum. Not changing mac before august (dic is the end of the apple care) . So the question is: How is stability going after 3 upgrades? Do you recommend make the jump?
english is not my first language, an I k

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »

The trial version is for 30 days and is well worth it.
image examples are at my website  [url=h

jduncan

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:37:07 pm »

Thanks for the reply. The problem is it can't port the lib. That's good but with a tiny lib the trial is more about features that stability.  For me it addresses the problem: It is worthy? And I already make my mine in that sense. My question is: With a lot of pictures with people in them, will it crash frequently?
Thanks again
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:37:55 pm by jduncan »

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »

Quote from: jduncan
Hello. This month (April) I delayed the purchase of the Aperture 3 upgrade. I was concern about the mixed reviews. The true to be told, I don't have any stability problems with Aperture 2. But some features of 3 really cached my eye. Performance is not an issue since I am not a working pro.
I am more a prosumer, and I believe that's control the lack of speed (most of my pictures are very close to what I want, and I don't have a client to satisfy, nor  a dead line) I enjoy the preparation of the pictures for print etc.  My concern is stability. I am running and iMac24 aluminum. Not changing mac before august (dic is the end of the apple care) . So the question is: How is stability going after 3 upgrades? Do you recommend make the jump?

Nobody can answer your question satisfactorily.  Since 3.0.2 Aperture has been stable for me.  MBP, 4 G RAM, fast 500 G HD, plenty of free space, 18,000 12 M raw images in a referenced Library.  I've had one "poof it's gone" crash, and one hang.  I didn't turn "Faces" on until 3.0.3.  It has been processing my images for about 40 hours now, during which time I have imported files and made adjustments.

Do I recommend you make the jump?  Not without a safety net (which is true for any software upgrade).  Back up everything, use the Trial as you would the real program, and see it it works for you on your system.

jduncan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:46 am »

Thanks folks. I will do that. I will do a bootable backup (carbon copy cloner) and the download the trial. I everything goes Ok I will revert the HD and then pay for the upgrade. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up