Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100, Win7 64bit:Profiles folder?  (Read 1773 times)

walter.sk

Z3100, Win7 64bit:Profiles folder?
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »

I finally have my Win7 64-bit computer working properly, after a month of virtual hell.  My Z3100GP PS is printing nicely.  However, when I try to access the HP Printer Utility Color Center to synchronize my paper presets, nothing happens and then the printer utility goes non-responsive.

I know that HP is not planning on software/firmware updates until June, 2010 (hopefully), but the Vista 64bit stuff seems otherwise to be working OK.  My thought is that the Color Center is looking for the paper profiles in a different folder than where they got installed, but I am reluctant to copy them into the folders just to try them out.  As it is, I have put them into the following folders, and they work for printing from Qimage as well as for Photoshop's SoftProofing:

Windows>System32>Spool>Drivers>Color,
and  Windows>SysWow64>Spool>Drivers>Color.

Are there any other places that Color Center might be looking for paper profiles?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:40:54 pm by walter.sk »

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:51:59 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
I finally have my Win7 64-bit computer working properly, after a month of virtual hell.  My Z3100GP PS is printing nicely.  However, when I try to access the HP Printer Utility Color Center to synchronize my paper presets, nothing happens and then the printer utility goes non-responsive.

I know that HP is not planning on software/firmware updates until June, 2010 (hopefully), but the Vista 64bit stuff seems otherwise to be working OK.  My thought is that the Color Center is looking for the paper profiles in a different folder than where they got installed, but I am reluctant to copy them into the folders just to try them out.  As it is, I have put them into the following folders, and they work for printing from Qimage as well as for Photoshop's SoftProofing:

Are there any other places that Color Center might be looking for paper profiles?

Did you power down and power up the printer since? That is what solves my issues with Printer Utility on Vista 64.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:49:40 am »

Quote from: walter.sk

You should be able to easily access all your profiles as follows.  Go to the 'Control Panel' and open it up.  Click on the 'Color Management' and that opens up the window showing you the devices that are color managed by Windows (usually only your monitor) and there is a tab for profiles that will show all.  You can easily add or delete profiles from here.  "Supposedly" software programs such as the HP one should access all the profiles from here.  I know that for my Epson this is how things work and that new profiles automatically install here.

Hope this helps.

Alan

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:42:54 am »

Ernst:  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did reboot the printer, which usually solves problems, but not this time.

Alan:  The problem is not one of how to install the profiles into the folder used by Win7.  They are all in there.  The problem is, I believe, that the Printer Utility is looking for them in what used to be the correct folder in terms of WinXP.

What I am going to try now is to uninstall and reinstall Printer Utility and see if that changes anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up