Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need really cheap 8.5x11 printer  (Read 1053 times)

walter.sk

Need really cheap 8.5x11 printer
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:35:00 am »

My wife and I have a friend who is just beginning to do make photographs.  She has a fantastic eye and has joined the camera club I belong to, where she plans to submit files for digital projection.  She has no printer right now other than a B&W laser that she uses for documents.  She would like to print some 8.5x11's of her best stuff but is in a very rough position financially.

Several years ago my wife had an Epson R200 which made beautiful prints of that size, and cost $100, which is the most our friend could pssibly afford for a printer at this time.

We are looking for a printer that is economical on ink, preferably using pigment inks, and possibly uses larger cartridges at a concommitant savings per page on ink.

I have seen the following printers, all well below $100.  Does anybody here know any of them and whether they or something else would fit the bill?

Epson Stylus Color C88, Epson Artisan 50, Hp Deskjet F4480 AI0, and HP Deskjet 4500 are the ones that I think look promising.  

Thanks for any help with this.

Peter McLennan

Need really cheap 8.5x11 printer
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:26:59 pm »

Epson C88.  Cheap as all getout and good enough.  With care, it'll make superb prints.  Also available with easy-refill carts or an "intravenous" ink supply system to cut her ink costs by 75%.  I've used Continuous inking systems for a decade with enjoyable cost savings and excellent print results.

http://www.inksupply.com/cfs_c86_new.cfm

Pages: [1]   Go Up