Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zigview  (Read 2778 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Zigview
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:29 am »

I was looking at the Zigview for remote work on a 1DsmkIII, would I be correct in thinking the one attached to the viewfinder would be better for use over a period of time as opposed to using the Liveview version? (I think there are two types of Zig, one which uses the direct vision as seen through the finder and one which uses a Liveview signal, please correct me if wrong)
Does anyone have experience of either system and use out in the field? any firsthand experience of do's don'ts etc.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Kevin.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Zigview
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24:00 am »

Quote from: KevinA
I was looking at the Zigview for remote work on a 1DsmkIII, would I be correct in thinking the one attached to the viewfinder would be better for use over a period of time as opposed to using the Liveview version? (I think there are two types of Zig, one which uses the direct vision as seen through the finder and one which uses a Liveview signal, please correct me if wrong)
Does anyone have experience of either system and use out in the field? any firsthand experience of do's don'ts etc.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Has no one ever used one of these then, I've posted in a couple of places and had zero replies. I would of thought all the wildlife shooters would of given it a try.

Kevin.
Kevin.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
Zigview
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:11:57 pm »

I had one for my Nikon D 200 and was disappointed. I found it not usable for focussing. To my knowledge, there is (or at least was back then) no version that used live view. That would have been great! No, it's a second generation image, an image of the image seen in the viewfinder. Maybe if you use auto-focussing and use the Zig only for composing, that would be a different story.

Good light! - Hening

alanscape

Zigview
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »

Quote from: Hening Bettermann
I had one for my Nikon D 200 and was disappointed. I found it not usable for focussing. To my knowledge, there is (or at least was back then) no version that used live view. That would have been great! No, it's a second generation image, an image of the image seen in the viewfinder. Maybe if you use auto-focussing and use the Zig only for composing, that would be a different story.

Good light! - Hening

I had to try them when they first came out... I broke it taking it off the viewfinder. Months later I reviewed the improved model and that one survived for two weeks until it became so
loose it fell off.

I recommended that the Seagull clone of the angle finder was a better bet... this was before the vari-angle screens with image magnification came to DSLRs, of course.

Bottom line is, they are not on my wish list... further comments might still be found on other web archive pages. The link is to a consumer magazine review usually fond of gadgets and gizmos I believe
but not this particular one.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment.../zigview-r.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up