Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom>Edit In  (Read 1150 times)

BobFisher

  • Guest
Lightroom>Edit In
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:01:38 am »

Couple things changed in my setup recently and I'm obviously missing a setting but can't find it.

Had a hard drive crash, had to install a new drive and reinstall all my software including LR.  Updated to Win7Pro 64 bit from WinXPPro 32 bit at the same time.  Also recently made a switch from Canon to Nikon (not sure that should be the issue but it is a change).  Obviously when I reinstalled LR it was the 64 bit version.

Previously, I could right click on a RAW file in LR, select Edit In>PS CS3 and I'd be presented with the RAW file incompatibility warning and would select 'Render Using Lightroom'The file would then open as a TIFF in PS.  

Now, I right click on the RAW file and select Edit In>PS CS3, I get the RAW incompatibility warning and select 'Render Using Lightroom'.Rather than opening directly in PS as a TIFF, it's now opening in ACR first.  When I select 'Open Anyway' it does open directly as a TIFF file.  

I've checked my settings in LR and for Edit in External Application I've chosen TIFF, ProPhoto, 16 bit under Edit in Adobe Photoshop CS3.  These are the same settings I had pre-reinstall.  PS won't open a TIFF as RAW unless you select File>Open As.  

As I said, I've obviously missed a setting somewhere but am having a brain cramp and can't find it.  

Thoughts?

EDIT:  Never mind.  I went back in and reconfirmed my LR settings (changed nothing) then tried again and it worked as it should.  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:19:25 pm by BobFisher »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up