Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aperture 3.0.2 Arrives  (Read 3733 times)

thomasrboyd

Aperture 3.0.2 Arrives
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »

Good article on the details here:

http://aperture.maccreate.com/2010/03/25/a...version-number/

Discuss!

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
Aperture 3.0.2 Arrives
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:19:50 pm »

Quote from: thomasrboyd
Good article on the details here:

http://aperture.maccreate.com/2010/03/25/a...version-number/

Discuss!

Yeah!    

Could have saved me hours a couple of weeks ago.  Very glad to see all the changes.  Good article at MacCreate.

Theodore

• http://
Aperture 3.0.2 Arrives
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »

It seems to be a really excellent update in terms of the speed of the probram; I was not having significant issues and Aperture 3 was still rendering and doing a lot of things faster than LR2 and this update seems to have significantly increased the speed over that - and my images are on firewire Drobos as opposed to SATA Drobos.  It opens very quickly.  Whatever library I was working on is there all rendered.  If I switch to another folder - those images are all there - thousands - in the blink of an eye.

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Aperture 3.0.2 Arrives
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »

Quote from: Theodore
It seems to be a really excellent update in terms of the speed of the probram; I was not having significant issues and Aperture 3 was still rendering and doing a lot of things faster than LR2 and this update seems to have significantly increased the speed over that - and my images are on firewire Drobos as opposed to SATA Drobos.  It opens very quickly.  Whatever library I was working on is there all rendered.  If I switch to another folder - those images are all there - thousands - in the blink of an eye.

I too am much happier with Aperture 3.02.
After testing the Aperture 3 I had one problem after another and was about to give up on it.
3.01, was not much better, however 3.02 seems to have fixed most of those issues.

Personally I do not store any of my image in the computer (MacBook Pro). I use external Firewire 800 portable hard drives. I use both LaCie 320GB Rugged Triple Interface Portable Hard Drive and Iomega 500GB eGo Portable Mac Edition Hard Drive. When importing to Aperture 3.02 library I also backup images to another drive at the time of the import. I use the Vault to backup Aperture 3 Library. Besides my main drive I have two drives that I use for the Vault backup. So now I have backup images and two library backups. I am thinking of going to a 3rd vault on another portable hard drive and store that one in my safety deposit box.
I have found that the firewire 800 works extremely fast with Aperture 3.02.
Pages: [1]   Go Up