Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MF Digital Back Comparison  (Read 2151 times)

MF Digital Back Comparison
« on: March 25, 2005, 12:36:29 pm »

I tested almost all of the backs on the market last year, and have extensive reviews here of several 16MP backs, including the now discontinued Kodak DCS Pro Back, Leaf, and Imacon, and as well the current Phase One P25 22MP back.

There are several new 22MP backs now coming on the scene, and I expect to review them as samples become available.

To my knowledge there is no other site on the Net that reviews such backs on a regular basis.

Michael

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:58:24 am »

My reviews are on the site. Just look at the table of contents or use the site's search function.

There is no timetable for future reviews. It all depends on when the manufacturers provide samples.

Michael

gcplau

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 09:52:30 am »

Dear Members,

I'm new to the site, and after searching the topics, didn't find previous discussion about comparison of leading Medium Format Digital Back, such as imacon, PhaseOne, Leaf, Scitex...etc,

Does anyone do this comparison or research before?  If indepth technical comparison and image are shown?

Thank You in Advance
GCPLAU ???

gcplau

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 03:34:21 am »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.  Where can I review your previous test result & sample shots?  And very approximately for how soon you will review the 22MP models?  Since I'm planning to upgrade my studio setup, it will be precious info for us.

Thank you
Gcplau

lonna.tucker

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 11:10:18 am »

Michael,

It seems as if you have had your P25 for a while. Could you tell me if you have difficulties with highlight detail and the transition from highlights? Also, how do you feel about color rendition with outdoor scenes? What is the largest print you have made that would compare to a large format film enlargement? I have read your previous reviews, just wondering if you have any new opinions after shooting the back for a while now.

Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up