Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson printing pausing in mid-print  (Read 1329 times)

mlondon

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • The Spirit of Tea
Epson printing pausing in mid-print
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:04 am »

I'm working in China and bought a decent-but-not-great Epson R270 to make 8.5x11 prints for my subjects (brought a huge stack of Exhibition Fiber and Ultra Premium Luster, neither of which are available here.)

I'm printing from Aperture 3.0.1 on a MacBookPro running 10.6.2. Although I sometimes get successful prints, more often than not the printer will pause part way thru. I give it time to see if it will resume, but no dice. I've tried putting it on hold, then resuming, but then it spits out the paper.

Already tried trashing and restoring the driver, but no luck there.

Starting to get expensive and painful running thru my stock of paper trying to get this work. Any suggestions?

Thank you....
Logged
www.spiritoftea.com

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept" Ansel Adams

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Epson printing pausing in mid-print
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:30:18 pm »

Quote from: mlondon
I'm working in China and bought a decent-but-not-great Epson R270 to make 8.5x11 prints for my subjects (brought a huge stack of Exhibition Fiber and Ultra Premium Luster, neither of which are available here.)

I'm printing from Aperture 3.0.1 on a MacBookPro running 10.6.2. Although I sometimes get successful prints, more often than not the printer will pause part way thru. I give it time to see if it will resume, but no dice. I've tried putting it on hold, then resuming, but then it spits out the paper.

Already tried trashing and restoring the driver, but no luck there.

Starting to get expensive and painful running thru my stock of paper trying to get this work. Any suggestions?

Thank you....

Does the software report the print job complete?

You could try printing to a file and sending the file to the printer.
Logged

mlondon

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • The Spirit of Tea
Epson printing pausing in mid-print
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:29:57 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
Does the software report the print job complete?

You could try printing to a file and sending the file to the printer.


Thank you. Turns out it was a faulty USB cable. I'm back in business..
Logged
www.spiritoftea.com

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept" Ansel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up