I recently went to a trade show where there were several talks and demos going on.
I saw part of one and the discussion was around how contrast of a print drops the larger you print it.
Makes sense, and the speaker showed us how he uses Photoshop to increase the S curve (he had many presets) depending on how large he wanted to print.
It would add more punch to a large print than if you didn't do this.
Unfortunately time was short and I had to move on...
Any further thought on this? Are people doing this when enlarging? I print other peoples prints, and it would be extremly time consuming (and subjective opinion also) to do this to every enlargment, however it may be worth having a preset to sqeeze extra quality out of my output.
Qimage has 'Smart sharpen' option, is there one for contrast too?
Thanks