Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yikes! Ran out of ink during nozzle check!  (Read 998 times)

Tklimek

Yikes! Ran out of ink during nozzle check!
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:22:07 pm »

Hey there folks....

I know this is a "dumb" question, but I've just run out of ink doing a nozzle check.  I've already ordered more ink this morning BEFORE I ran out.  However, the printer (Epson 4880) is asking for the new ink cartridge and is "running".

Can I just cancel and wait for the new ink to arrive?  I've not had to change ink before so I'm a noob to this.  I know that if I had the ink here I could do a hot swap, but what about if the ink is a few days away?

Thanks!

Todd in Chicago

Tklimek

Yikes! Ran out of ink during nozzle check!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:50:09 pm »

LOL!  I posted here because I thought it might be a nightmare contacting support and getting a simple answer.  I got through to Epson support within a minute and a very courteous and very polite woman helped me out instantly and ALSO gave me some addtional information about replacing the cartridge etc.  Wow!  Granted this was a very simple situation, but KUDOS to Epson for the great support!

Emergency over.  Power printer off; sheet ejects, wait for new ink to arrive, power back on, insert ink, re-run nozzle check.

Baddabing baddabang.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: Tklimek
Hey there folks....

I know this is a "dumb" question, but I've just run out of ink doing a nozzle check.  I've already ordered more ink this morning BEFORE I ran out.  However, the printer (Epson 4880) is asking for the new ink cartridge and is "running".

Can I just cancel and wait for the new ink to arrive?  I've not had to change ink before so I'm a noob to this.  I know that if I had the ink here I could do a hot swap, but what about if the ink is a few days away?

Thanks!

Todd in Chicago
Pages: [1]   Go Up