Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraViewII & Windows 7-64  (Read 4825 times)

walter.sk

SpectraViewII & Windows 7-64
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:23:50 am »

I just upgraded from XP-32 bit to Win7 64 bit.  I used PCMover to migrate my programs, and I have been having some successes and some problems.

I finally got my HP-APS colorimeter to be accepted by the system, and also managed to change my monitor from Generic PnP to NEC 3090, using the NEC driver.  I also got SpectraViewII, the latest version, to run and recognize my iOne Display 2 colorimeter, after some trial and error.

I also right-clicked on the latest SpectraView ICC profile for the monitor and installed it.  However, each time I start SpectraView I get this error message: "Unable to communicate with any supported monitor."

Has anybody here had the same probelm, and into what folder do my ICC profiles go?  I wasn't sure whether to post on the Computers & Peripherals forum or here, but I'm sure people here have dealt with this problem.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 08:07:53 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
I just upgraded from XP-32 bit to Win7 64 bit.  I used PCMover to migrate my programs, and I have been having some successes and some problems.

I finally got my HP-APS colorimeter to be accepted by the system, and also managed to change my monitor from Generic PnP to NEC 3090, using the NEC driver.  I also got SpectraViewII, the latest version, to run and recognize my iOne Display 2 colorimeter, after some trial and error.

I also right-clicked on the latest SpectraView ICC profile for the monitor and installed it.  However, each time I start SpectraView I get this error message: "Unable to communicate with any supported monitor."

Has anybody here had the same probelm, and into what folder do my ICC profiles go?  I wasn't sure whether to post on the Computers & Peripherals forum or here, but I'm sure people here have dealt with this problem.
Last week I migrated everything to a new computer running Win7 65 bit with my NEC 221 monitor.  The SpectraViewII installation and update to the newest version went without a hitch and the monitored profiled just fine.  When you calibrate your monitor the profile should install automatically, you should not have to manually install it.  It's not clear to me what the folder it goes into but you can check to see if it is installed by going to the Control Panel and clicking on Color Management.  You should see the SpectraView created icc profile associated with your monitor and video card.  The icc profile name also contains the date that you created it.  It's hard to trouble shoot things sometimes and my suggested is to do a full uninstall and reinstall of SpectraView and see if it then works OK.

Alan

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 05:07:01 pm »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
Last week I migrated everything to a new computer running Win7 65 bit with my NEC 221 monitor.  The SpectraViewII installation and update to the newest version went without a hitch and the monitored profiled just fine.  When you calibrate your monitor the profile should install automatically, you should not have to manually install it.  It's not clear to me what the folder it goes into but you can check to see if it is installed by going to the Control Panel and clicking on Color Management.  You should see the SpectraView created icc profile associated with your monitor and video card.  The icc profile name also contains the date that you created it.  It's hard to trouble shoot things sometimes and my suggested is to do a full uninstall and reinstall of SpectraView and see if it then works OK.

Alan
The problem is that SVII won't recognize my NEC monitor!  I am sure that it would put the profile in the right place.

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:52:15 pm »

Well, I downloaded and installed nVidia's video drivers for Win7-64.  I de-installed SpectraView II and also my i1Display 2 colorimeter after changing the video drivers.  To no avail.

I suppose now I have to get on the merry-go-round between NEC, nVidia and X-Rite, unless somebody else here has run into a similar problem and came up with a solution.

It's funny, because the Spectraview dialogue box that comes up shows the name of the NEC 3090 monitor in the bottom little window, and it identifies the serial number of the colorimeter, yet I continue to get the error message that:  SpectraView cannot communicate with the monitor.

I keep a ball peen hammer on my desk...

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:24:34 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
Well, I downloaded and installed nVidia's video drivers for Win7-64.  I de-installed SpectraView II and also my i1Display 2 colorimeter after changing the video drivers.  To no avail.

I suppose now I have to get on the merry-go-round between NEC, nVidia and X-Rite, unless somebody else here has run into a similar problem and came up with a solution.

It's funny, because the Spectraview dialogue box that comes up shows the name of the NEC 3090 monitor in the bottom little window, and it identifies the serial number of the colorimeter, yet I continue to get the error message that:  SpectraView cannot communicate with the monitor.

I keep a ball peen hammer on my desk...

Have you checked the Display Settings to make sure the correct display is assigned within SpectraView? Edit menu-> Display Settings, then try "Auto Configure".
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

walter.sk

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:10 am »

Quote from: WillH
Have you checked the Display Settings to make sure the correct display is assigned within SpectraView? Edit menu-> Display Settings, then try "Auto Configure".
Thanks, Will.

This morning after booting up I desperately tried clicking on everything.  When I clicked on Edit>Display Configuration, I saw that Display 1 is NONE!  I used the drop down menu and found the LCD3090WQXi, clicked on it, and of course it worked!

I am greatly relieved, and happy to have my monitor back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up