Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A basic navigation question  (Read 2859 times)

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
A basic navigation question
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:02:47 am »

This probably falls into the "dumb question" category.  How do I get my navigation keys to move to the next image?  With 3.7.x when blowing through a 200-frame shoot I would use alt-+ or - to adjust overall brightness, ctrl similarly to adjust contrast, crop, hit Insert to develop, and then right or down arrow to move to the next frame.  Well I have v5 using Insert to develop, and ctrl-+/- for brightness.  (I guess I'll have to use a two-key combo for contrast, as the Alt key insists on invoking the menus, good Windows style).

But how the heck to I get it to go to the next frame using the arrows?  

Thanks,

Nill

p.s.  At some point I'll have the time to sit down and read the manual and maybe even work through the tutorials, but it won't be soon.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 11:51:00 am »

Quote from: Nill Toulme
This probably falls into the "dumb question" category.  How do I get my navigation keys to move to the next image?  With 3.7.x when blowing through a 200-frame shoot I would use alt-+ or - to adjust overall brightness, ctrl similarly to adjust contrast, crop, hit Insert to develop, and then right or down arrow to move to the next frame.  Well I have v5 using Insert to develop, and ctrl-+/- for brightness.  (I guess I'll have to use a two-key combo for contrast, as the Alt key insists on invoking the menus, good Windows style).

But how the heck to I get it to go to the next frame using the arrows?  

Thanks,

Nill

p.s.  At some point I'll have the time to sit down and read the manual and maybe even work through the tutorials, but it won't be soon.

Hi Nill,

Just click on a thumbnail, giving the thumbnail pane the focus, then use your arrow-keys to navigate through the thumbnails. Under Help you can call up a Keyboard Shortcut Summary, or under Edit you can call up the current Keyboard shortcuts on the Commands tab of the Preferences settings, and apparently you can also edit a copy of the default settings to make your own shortcut assignments.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:08:51 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:32:37 am »

Thanks Bart.  That works until you actually do something to the image, then the focus I guess is on the preview, not the thumbs, so the arrows don't work to navigate anymore.  In fact I can't tell that they're doing anything.  Found however that ctrl-right and -left will let you move to the next or previous frame.  I can live with that.

Another question... is just hitting Delete doing a permanent delete instead of putting it in the trash?

Nill
Pages: [1]   Go Up