Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XMP adjustments have disappeared  (Read 1651 times)

Baxter

• http://www.baxterbradford.com
XMP adjustments have disappeared
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:04 pm »

I have unsuccessfully searched to find a possible solution, here and Adobe help before seeking advice.

Did some shots whilst away, worked on a number of them. Saved changes to XMP, imported both RAW files and XMP onto desktop. Previews showed Import and Import2. The latter had the adjustments applied, the former was the basic RAW file. I've tried synching folder etc all to no avail.

Had to restart Mac and LR 2.6 now whilst Import2 is still visible, it is identical to the RAW file. XMP files are still in the folder. I am sure I'm missing something so fundamental that it isn't in Help menus! I'd be very grateful if someone could please shed light on how to get the Catalogue to re-implement the adjustments. Whilst I could manually readjust every picture by copying settings from the Laptop, this doesn't appeal and would rather let the computer get itself out of this mess!

Many thanks
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:00:47 pm by Baxter »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »

It's a confusing explanation and I'm not sure what has happened.

However, the best way to get work from a laptop to your main machine is not to save the XMP and copy files across using Finder. Instead, in Lightroom on the laptop, select the images and choose File > Export as Catalog. Assuming you have disc space, select Include Negatives. And always tick Include Previews. Point this to a folder on your desktop, and let Lightroom finish the export job. Get this folder onto your main computer's desktop, open your main Lightroom catalogue, and use File > Import from Catalog to point to the exported data. Job done.

John

Baxter

• http://www.baxterbradford.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:02:07 pm »

Great worked a treat - many thanks John

All looking the same on both machines. Next task is to work out how to conceal the unadjusted version from the catalogue. Not had to do this before, so having the pleasure of doing a little learning!

Pages: [1]   Go Up