Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling business - Website redesign  (Read 1628 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Selling business - Website redesign
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:03 pm »

We'll.. after some fairly serious deliberation...I have sold off and divested myself of my kids portraiture business to my business partner so that I can focus solely on landscape, nature and wilderness photography. I hope long term this is the right decision - but my passion and heart tell me its the right thing to do - even if the bank manager doesn't necessarily agree.

Thankfully I am in the fortunate position of not having to rely on income from this move to sustain myself and the family; so the risk is relatively minimal to me. It is exciting though and have quite a few trips planned in the near future.

What I need to do is to redesign my live-books website to more appropriately suit my landscape work and would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to color schemes, layout etc. The site is still live as the kids portraiture business but will be changing very soon once I get my head around how it should look.Jholko The current site is being migrated away to my business partners own hosts.

Currently I dont feel the white on white to be suitable for landscape? And black seems a little too oppressive..

Any ideas are more than welcome.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:01:58 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:19 pm »

Seems like black (MR) or dark grey (Art Wolfe - www.artwolfe.com and Jim Brandenburg - http://www.jimbrandenburg.com/) are pretty common.  Poke around.  See what you think.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:09:02 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Seems like black (MR) or dark grey (Art Wolfe - www.artwolfe.com and Jim Brandenburg - http://www.jimbrandenburg.com/) are pretty common.  Poke around.  See what you think.

Thanks - yes, it seems black and grey are the most popular..

I am starting to think white on white might be worth sticking with just to be a tiny bit different.....
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Marlyn

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:04:07 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
We'll.. after some fairly serious deliberation...I have sold off and divested myself of my kids portraiture business to my business partner so that I can focus solely on landscape, nature and wilderness photography. I hope long term this is the right decision - but my passion and heart tell me its the right thing to do - even if the bank manager doesn't necessarily agree.

Thankfully I am in the fortunate position of not having to rely on income from this move to sustain myself and the family; so the risk is relatively minimal to me. It is exciting though and have quite a few trips planned in the near future.

What I need to do is to redesign my live-books website to more appropriately suit my landscape work and would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to color schemes, layout etc. The site is still live as the kids portraiture business but will be changing very soon once I get my head around how it should look.Jholko The current site is being migrated away to my business partners own hosts.

Currently I dont feel the white on white to be suitable for landscape? And black seems a little too oppressive..

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Josh, Good luck with the business Move.

I've also recently decided to take the plunge and move my landscape and nature work up to being a full business,  Somewhat daunting thats for sure.

As for websites, dark certainly seems to be popular, not sure why (Probably to not detract from images I guess).  Mine currently going through the design-from-scratch process as well, and I think bright of some kind (not sure about white)  is likley to win over dark, (and dingy as the wife puts it) but not sure.

How do you find Livebooks ?   I'm about to start evaluating it, but would love to get some feedback from someone thats already using it.   (Especially interested in how easy it is for 'client protected' areas for individual commercial shoots).

Regards

Mark Farnan

Pages: [1]   Go Up