Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Store Suggestions  (Read 1371 times)

MR.FEESH

• http://
Online Store Suggestions
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »

Hello all, I need a little help.

I've been trying to find a couple Sigma lenses with Sigma mounts for some time online, as in-store shopping doesn't work for me-- the nearest store is too far away for my busy schedule.

I haven't been able to find either of these two lenses on Adrorama, B&H, Abes of Maine and not even on Ebay.  They all carry the lenses in Canon/Nikon/Sony/Pentax mounts, but not for good old Sigma.

Can you guys suggest some more reputable internet store-fronts that I could try?

BTW these are the two lenses (in order of desire)
1) Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM (sigma mount!)
2) Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM (sigma mount!)

I've found one site that has them, photo 4 less, but the store has really mixed ratings....mostly 5 stars, and some 1 stars with a terrible story behind the rating-- I'd like to save ordering from this store as a last resort unless anyone can convince me otherwise!

Thanks in advance,
MR.FEESH
Sigma SD14 w/ PG-21
Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX Macro
Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG EX Macro

Gary Brown

Online Store Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:13:24 pm »

Quote from: MR.FEESH
I haven't been able to find either of these two lenses on Adrorama, B&H, Abes of Maine and not even on Ebay.  They all carry the lenses in Canon/Nikon/Sony/Pentax mounts, but not for good old Sigma.
B&H shows them:

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro Autofocus Lens for Sigma Digital SLR Cameras

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Sigma Mount

Here's the B&H page with all Sigma lenses for Sigma SLRs.

MR.FEESH

• http://
Online Store Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:30:13 pm »

Quote from: Gary Brown
B&H shows them:

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro Autofocus Lens for Sigma Digital SLR Cameras

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Sigma Mount

Here's the B&H page with all Sigma lenses for Sigma SLRs.

Note that the first lens link you posted is not the same as the one I have listed.  It's actually the older version of the one I'm looking for.

"This is not a regularly stocked item. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days. You will be charged upon placing your order."

This ^^^ is why I originally posted, I'm trying to avoid this situation as I've place two separate orders (one at B&H, one at amazon)  and I waited 2 and 3 weeks respectively for the lens to become 'in-stock', however they never did and I cancelled both orders.
Sigma SD14 w/ PG-21
Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX Macro
Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG EX Macro
Pages: [1]   Go Up