Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the best out of DPP  (Read 5531 times)

Frodo

Getting the best out of DPP
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:46:03 pm »

I like the work flow and operation of ACR, e.g. the "recovery" and "fill" sliders.  I like the resolution I get.  And the detail I can drag out of shadows.

But I like the automatic correction of lens distortions (especially with my 20-35 f3.5) in DPP.  In all other areas, DPP is seriously deficient for my 5D images.  I can handle the clunky operation.  I'd appreciate some suggestions about the getting the best out of DPP, especially in terms of shadow detail and resolution.

Thanks

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:29:39 pm »

The latest DPP version (3.7.2) has its own "highlight" and "shadow" sliders, similar to "recovery" and "fill" in ACR.

KierenLadner

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 04:08:23 pm »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
The latest DPP version (3.7.2) has its own "highlight" and "shadow" sliders, similar to "recovery" and "fill" in ACR.

I wish that I could upgrade my version of DPP. Unfortunately, I have not been able to log in to my Canon Account, (nor Image Gateway) for a few months, now. I have contacted Canon support several times. Each time I was promised return contact, which never happened. When I go to the Download Center on the Canon site, the only thing offered for my 50D is the firmware which I already have.

Can anyone offer another route to obtain the latest version of DPP (and the other Canon apps)?

Thanks in advance,
Kieren
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:09:20 pm by KierenLadner »

Clearair

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:24:56 pm »

Quote from: KierenLadner
I wish that I could upgrade my version of DPP. Unfortunately, I have not been able to log in to my Canon Account, (nor Image Gateway) for a few months, now. I have contacted Canon support several times. Each time I was promised return contact, which never happened. When I go to the Download Center on the Canon site, the only thing offered for my 50D is the firmware which I already have.

Can anyone offer another route to obtain the latest version of DPP (and the other Canon apps)?

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

Strange.

I just go to canon UK/support/software downloads pick what I need and bob is my uncle.

I just did a shed load including latest v of DPP etc as tethering 5D11 via Apple hot folder annoys me.

Come on canon and Apple stop pointing the finger at each other. (well your reps do at all the events I attend)

Regards

KierenLadner

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:23:53 pm »

Quote from: Clearair
Strange.

I just go to canon UK/support/software downloads pick what I need and bob is my uncle.

I just did a shed load including latest v of DPP etc as tethering 5D11 via Apple hot folder annoys me.

Come on canon and Apple stop pointing the finger at each other. (well your reps do at all the events I attend)

Regards

Thanks. I finally realized that my security measures were preventing the Canon site from loading. I've even gotten back into my Canon Image Gateway account. All I did there was to delete posted albums....just what Canon had been threatening to do due to my long lack of access. I don't much like Image Gateway. The interface is clunky, and the views of images are rather small.

Again, thanks for the response. I think it prompted me to look for causes which I had not considered before.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:25:07 pm by KierenLadner »
Pages: [1]   Go Up