Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For sale: Phase One P65+  (Read 9356 times)

david.westphal

For sale: Phase One P65+
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:20:24 pm »

sold
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:46:37 pm by david.westphal »

dseelig

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:29:35 pm »

If I was a rich man.

wcl4

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:18:03 pm »

Quote from: dseelig
If I was a rich man.

...I wouldn't be so rich anymore.

GL with sale. It is an amazing back.

david.westphal

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:34:50 pm »

Quote from: felix5616
Is the P65+ capable of the same long exposures as the P45+?

It is a Dalsa chip so it responds to long exposures differently.  During the daylight, there is no real problem.  At night, you are limited to iso 50 but can get away with 100 if the exposure is in an urban environment with a lot of ambient light.  The max exposure time with this back is roughly 50 seconds.  The image detail is remarkable by the way.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:36:49 pm by david.westphal »

pindman

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:49:16 pm »

The P65+ is amazing, and to my hard earned $ was worth the upgrade.  I have purchased major equipment from David in the past, and he was a pleasure to work with.  My highest recommendation.  

Paul

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:23:29 pm »

34000 shots in a month, that sounds like a hell of a job....
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:51:27 am »

Quote from: david.westphal
For sale:  

Phase one P65+ digital back with H mount.  Included is the balance of the 3 year warranty (roughly 2.4 years left).  There is one free mount change with this back.  This back has 34K captures on it.  Most of those captures were taken for a one month job last year.  Used sporadically since then.  It appears to be in perfect cosmetic condition.  The serial number is EI21395.  Will provide upon request for serious inquiries.  payment can be either wire transfer or cashiers check.  I can ship or you can pick up.  The back is located in Los Angeles CA.  I would be more than happy to show the back in person to anyone located in the Los Angeles area or if you want to travel to Los Angeles.

I am offering the back at $28,000.00 USD.  Discounted for the captures.

You can email me at david dot westphal at gmail dot com

Hi,
Phase One P65+ pricelist 19500 Euro for brandnew digital back so it;s about 25000 USD. You want 28000 USD...  
You can ask 17000 USD, not 28000 USD . If you want sell it, please sent me PM.

Best regards,
Maciej Urbaniak

Best regards,
DF

JSK

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 06:49:10 am »

Quote from: design_freak
Hi,
Phase One P65+ pricelist 19500 Euro for brandnew digital back so it;s about 25000 USD. You want 28000 USD...  

Best regards,
Maciej Urbaniak

where did you see NEW Phase One P65+ going for 19,500.00 Euro?

I would appreciate it if you can post the link..
⨀ LEICA ⨀ PHASE 1 ⨀ HASSELBLAD ⨀ MAMIYA ⨀ NIKON ⨀ CANON ⨀ PROFOTO ⨀ BRONCOLOR ⨀ ARRI ⨀ BRIESE ⨀

Henry Goh

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:50:00 am »

I find it extremely poor manners when people make remarks about a seller's asking price.  Whether one knows of a better price or one hopes to get a cheaper deal it is still poor manners posting just to low ball a seller. If one is hoping to negotiate a bargain then at least PM the poster instead of blabbing nonsense on an open thread. Truly sickening.

design_freak

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 08:09:11 am »

Quote from: JSK
where did you see NEW Phase One P65+ going for 19,500.00 Euro?

I would appreciate it if you can post the link..

Just call to your PhaseOne dealer and ask.

Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 08:32:28 am »

Quote from: Henry Goh
I find it extremely poor manners when people make remarks about a seller's asking price.  Whether one knows of a better price or one hopes to get a cheaper deal it is still poor manners posting just to low ball a seller. If one is hoping to negotiate a bargain then at least PM the poster instead of blabbing nonsense on an open thread. Truly sickening.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately I had the opportunity a few times in my life to buy equipment, and after a week I learned that the new price is 40% lower. I do not wish anyone to such a situation. I'm not saying that the seller knows about the new price and tried to exploit this fact, but often it happens. Nobody wants to be deceived. And in this case, the buyer might feel so.
Best regards,
DF

david.westphal

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »

I agree.  That's why LL has such a bad rap and why I typically don't post here except for pretty rare occasions.  It's a shame because there are a few people who drive away a lot of valuable discussion.  That being said, the "for sale" aspect of the forum is great as it provides a direct market between private sellers and buyers as an alternative to the dealers.

bjanes

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:48 am »

Quote from: design_freak

Quote from: david.westphal
I agree.  That's why LL has such a bad rap and why I typically don't post here except for pretty rare occasions.  It's a shame because there are a few people who drive away a lot of valuable discussion.  That being said, the "for sale" aspect of the forum is great as it provides a direct market between private sellers and buyers as an alternative to the dealers.
Calumet Photo lists the Phase One P65+ Digital Back with Hasselblad H Mount and Classic Warranty at U.S. $39,990.00. Design Freak is poorly informed and did not take the time to check out the selling price. His post is entirely out of line. If his price were correct, I don't think that his post would have been out of place, since it would be an insult to the intelligence of the readers to ask a price significantly over list and anyone with such effrontery should be called out.

Anyway, I don't see what David Westphal has much to complain about. He apparently sold his camera in short order. Anyone who is driven away from the forum by a few rude crackpots is pretty thin skinned.

david.westphal

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »

Quote from: bjanes
Calumet Photo lists the Phase One P65+ Digital Back with Hasselblad H Mount and Classic Warranty at U.S. $39,990.00. Design Freak is poorly informed and did not take the time to check out the selling price. His post is entirely out of line. If his price were correct, I don't think that his post would have been out of place, since it would be an insult to the intelligence of the readers to ask a price significantly over list and anyone with such effrontery should be called out.

Anyway, I don't see what David Westphal has much to complain about. He apparently sold his camera in short order. Anyone who is driven away from the forum by a few rude crackpots is pretty thin skinned.

I wouldn't say thin skinned.  I'd say it's more about the quality of the posts.  Look at two of posts here.  One guy says if he was rich man and then you've got this other guy design freak with his posts, and this is just a for sale post which really is nothing of substance and still it attracts these types of posts.  Talk about sabotage of a forum that literally reaches around the globe.  The tremendous potential for quality and informative discussions around the art and science of photography on this forum compromised by these types of posts.

Whatever, I sold my back.  What do I care?

That being said, I appreciate the LL folks who run this as this is the place to list items for sale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up