Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (New Epson 3880) 2 Questions - icc's and setup  (Read 5102 times)

phildog33

(New Epson 3880) 2 Questions - icc's and setup
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »

Just have two questions with my new 3880

With IIC's. Where is the correct ICC for Epson Hot Press Bright White paper? Is it the same one thats on their website for the 4880?
I cant find the correct icc anywhere for the 3880

and

I setup the printer by just putting the inks in, letting it prime and charge and then it said finish.
I couldnt find any instructions to use the Premium Luster paper provided, and do auto head alignment.

I can do this manually on the front printer panel... but in the general setup of the printer it doesnt mention to use the paper, when to do it.. how often or anything
Just included in the box and thats it.

Did you guys all run an auto-head alignment with one sheet of Luster paper??
As part of the general setup install.. and how often will you do this? Just when problems or every time for on ink change?

thansk for helping me with the questions
icc and setup ?s
p

Jon Shiu

• http://www.jonshiu.com
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:17:26 am »

Hi, the best thing to do would be to call Epson Pro Support and have all your questions answered definitively.

Jon
Mendocino Coast in Black and White: [url

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »

Quote from: phildog33
Just have two questions with my new 3880

With IIC's. Where is the correct ICC for Epson Hot Press Bright White paper? Is it the same one thats on their website for the 4880?

and

I setup the printer by just putting the inks in, letting it prime and charge and then it said finish.
I couldnt find any instructions to use the Premium Luster paper provided, and do auto head alignment.

I can do this manually on the front printer panel... but in the general setup of the printer it doesnt mention to use the paper, when to do it.. how often or anything
Just included in the box and thats it.

Did you guys all run an auto-head alignment with one sheet of Luster paper??
As part of the general setup install.. and how often will you do this? Just when problems or every time for on ink change?

thansk for helping me with the questions
icc and setup ?s
p
Epson Hot Press Bright White is a very new paper ... it's possible Epson hasn't created a profile for the 3880 yet.  Doubtful the 4880 profile will work very well. Might have to have someone make a profile for you.

As far as head alignment, you should do it, and the instructions are pretty clearly outlined on page 103 of the user manual including the papers that should be used.

phildog33

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

Yep, i checked page 103 -- that looks right.. and I ran it
But there were no instructions to perform one during installation

so i didnt know if it was a 100% thing you have to do once priming the printer

also

the icc's are available for 3880 and Hot Press on the epson uk site

p

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Epson Hot Press Bright White is a very new paper ... it's possible Epson hasn't created a profile for the 3880 yet.  Doubtful the 4880 profile will work very well. Might have to have someone make a profile for you.

As far as head alignment, you should do it, and the instructions are pretty clearly outlined on page 103 of the user manual including the papers that should be used.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:26 am »

Quote from: phildog33
Where is the correct ICC for Epson Hot Press Bright White paper? Is it the same one thats on their website for the 4880?

You could try it but the results may be less than desirable. Some inkset. If not, you’ll have to wait for Epson to officially build one and post the their site.

You should do a head alignment, no question. After that, unless you move the unit, you’re set.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up