Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 running out of memory  (Read 5222 times)

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
C1 running out of memory
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:29 pm »

On several occasions, I have suddenly received a warning message that Capture One is out of memory and that the program must be restarted.  At that point, the program quits.  Always this has happened after I have been working in the program for a good length of time.

Obviously, some cache must be getting full, but this is a very annoying occurrence.  Is there a way to avoid it?

Rob

Paul Sumi

C1 running out of memory
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:26:20 pm »

Quote from: robgo2
On several occasions, I have suddenly received a warning message that Capture One is out of memory and that the program must be restarted.  At that point, the program quits.  Always this has happened after I have been working in the program for a good length of time.

Obviously, some cache must be getting full, but this is a very annoying occurrence.  Is there a way to avoid it?

Rob

Some details would help...  which version of C1, size of RAW files, operating system, how much RAM, etc.  Are you batch processing or one at a time?

I've never seen this problem myself (C1 v5.x, Win XP SP3, 4 Gigs RAM) working with 16 megapixel RAW files, even with several hundred files in the folder.  However I've never batch processed with more than a couple of dozen files in the queue at one time.

Paul

deejjjaaaa

C1 running out of memory
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:51 pm »

Robgo is a Mac user w/ Pentax raws... C1 should be 5.0.x

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
C1 running out of memory
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:35:39 am »

Quote from: deja
Robgo is a Mac user w/ Pentax raws... C1 should be 5.0.x

All of the above is correct.  I have 9MB RAM, and my camera is 10MP.  I get the warning message before I actually process any images.  Rather, it appears when I am editing a long series.

Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up