Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: rumor: Pentax 645D Price: $6500 USD  (Read 148393 times)

smoody

rumor: Pentax 645D Price: $6500 USD
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »

According to this translated link of a DC watch article provided by PhotoRumors, it is going to be a 40 megapixel sensor. And it'll launch in three days.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=ja&tl=en

Will they actually pull it off for under $7000 USD? I have a hard time imagining that they will meet the rumored price point, but I hope I'm wrong.
. . . . . [url=http://www.fauxtography

ivokwee

• http://www.fotoclublugano.com/~ivo/portfolio
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 01:29:34 pm »

Quote from: smoody
According to this translated link of a DC watch article provided by PhotoRumors, it is going to be a 40 megapixel sensor. And it'll launch in three days.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=ja&tl=en

Will they actually pull it off for under $7000 USD? I have a hard time imagining that they will meet the rumored price point, but I hope I'm wrong.

40 megapixel? No, it says 4000 megapixel! wow!

aaron

• http://
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »

Odd that the countdown timer exists only on the Pentax Japan site, hopefully its availability is not going to be restricted to the Japanese market but its entirely possible.

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »

Quote from: BJNY
BJL always has the good info:

This is not the latest photo of the 645D rear, but check out the slider switch circled in red:
[attachment=20676:Pentax_6...009_Back.jpg]

this one is more recent

you can see AF selector

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:16:19 pm by deja »

hsmeets

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »

If
it is around 5500 euro / 7000 dollar as a kit with one lens
and not limited to asia
and other lenses are okay and match the sensor capability
and performs on par with similar offerings
and despite it being b*tt-ugly

I did some hard thinking about I maybe ever would buy a CVF39 for my defunc 501CM but it's just too pricey.....but I might consider this one later this year, early next year, also instead of an hi pixel count DSLR and stick with my current DSLR for walk arounds....

Quote from: deja
this one is more recent
you can see AF selector
Cheers,

Huib

smoody

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2010, 02:43:00 pm »

one thing that exists in the photos above that does not exist on the teaser site (at least in the same position) is the mirror lock-up button near the prism housing.
. . . . . [url=http://www.fauxtography

gwhitf

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

The thing that interests me about this camera is, here is a new (new to me) camera design, that, at first glance, seems pretty user friendly. But I just want to see it to see how it fits in my hand; how does the experience of photographing feel like. Screw the file quality, I don't care; I can retouch anything, i'm not looking for perfection. I work a file to death anyway. I just want a camera with a nice viewfinder that just feels right in my hand. (The H never did that, nor did the Contax. The Contax came closest; felt like a real camera, but the tiny dark viewfinder just killed it for me). I just want a CCD camera, with nice bright contrasty numbers in the viewfinder, that just feels good to walk around with. Everything else, I can deal with it in post.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:26:12 pm by gwhitf »

hsmeets

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2010, 04:38:32 pm »

Three, google translated, screenshots of the teaser website.

[attachment=20763:Schermaf...22.34.43.png]
[attachment=20764:Schermaf...22.35.09.png]
[attachment=20765:Schermaf...22.35.24.png]
Cheers,

Huib

bcooter

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

Quote from: gwhitf
The thing that interests me about this camera is, here is a new (new to me) camera design, that, at first glance, seems pretty user friendly. But I just want to see it to see how it fits in my hand; how does the experience of photographing feel like. Screw the file quality, I don't care; I can retouch anything, i'm not looking for perfection. I work a file to death anyway. I just want a camera with a nice viewfinder that just feels right in my hand. (The H never did that, nor did the Contax. The Contax came closest; felt like a real camera, but the tiny dark viewfinder just killed it for me). I just want a CCD camera, with nice bright contrasty numbers in the viewfinder, that just feels good to walk around with. Everything else, I can deal with it in post.

It probably will do all the things everyone needs in medium format (and more) and the pixel comparison guys are gonna flip trying to find a way to shoot holes in the concept of a new under 10 grand ccd, non aa filtered camera, but that will come in time and the forums will be ablaze saying yea but it doesn't have DAC, NAC, BAC, NSA, WI-FI, CA, DA, LA, KA, correction and is only limited to 20 stops of DR (whatever any of that stuff means).

The thing is by the time anyone realizes what a good deal it is, we're all gonna realize that if it don't shoot video then it's about as useful (in the commercial world) as a typewriter.

The shoot trees and brick wall guys are gonna luv it though.

BC

pschefz

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2010, 04:51:56 pm »

got that hass email today....h3d 31 for 9990...without lens....still does not do it for me...

i agree with gwhitf....how does it handle/feel in the hand...the H camera is ergonomically the worst camera i have ever had to work with....mamiya is fine but not more.....

i am waiting for the phase deal (not to buy, but to see the scramble).....but i guess they are waiting for the pentax announcement...

a couple of things this pentax HAS to do to be considerable:
shoot DNG....so i can use whatever i like...
make it some (older) available tether protocol, so software makers can jump on giving us options (because they will if they can charge 99$ for a simple piece of software)....
does not have to compete with the new hass 800iso but something close to that please....
A VERTICAL GRIP! i see it has a vertical tripod mount! yeah!
large bright finder......
don't skimp on buffer memory (like other expensive brands that start with L and end with A...)

i like the way it looks, even if it does not have a WLF which none of them do anyway anymore, so whatever....

at 6500 with lens this is 1/3 cheaper then the M9 i could not get myself to buy....with twice the sensor...
schefz.com
artloch.com

BJNY

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:02 pm »

Quote from: pschefz
a couple of things this pentax HAS to do to be considerable:
shoot DNG....so i can use whatever i like...

dng according to this
[attachment=20771:pentax_6...dng_hdmi.jpg]
and HDMI port as well
Guillermo

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2010, 06:31:37 pm »

SDHC cards?  These things are too smalll for the human scale!
Bad news.
Eduardo

Quote from: BJNY
dng according to this
[attachment=20771:pentax_6...dng_hdmi.jpg]
and HDMI port as well

pschefz

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2010, 06:48:27 pm »

Quote from: uaiomex
Bad news.
Eduardo

i actually like SDHC cards...
also: i am sure it is the only way they can fit 2 cards inside the body, i really like the idea of 2 cards, back up,....
schefz.com
artloch.com

gwhitf

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:42 pm »

Quote from: uaiomex
Bad news.
Eduardo

I agree. They are scary small. Can't imagine shooting a paying job on one of those.

I was scratching my belly the other day while driving down the road, and two of those little SD cards fell out of one of the rolls above my belt. There's no telling how long they'd been stuck in there.

I prefer CF, but I guess we have no choice. Imagine what will replace SD cards; how many will fit on the head of a pin?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:57:47 pm by gwhitf »

pschefz

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2010, 07:21:39 pm »

the latest sdhc cards are 32 and 64gb.....so there is almost no need to ever take them out....especially with automatic internal back up to a second card...as long as they are fast enough and can store enough images, they can't be small enough IMO....

i think pentax has been reading a lot of forums like this one....it will be interesting....
schefz.com
artloch.com

bcooter

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »

Quote from: gwhitf
I agree. They are scary small. Can't imagine shooting a paying job on one of those.

I was scratching my belly the other day while driving down the road, and two of those little SD cards fell out of one of the rolls above my belt. There's no telling how long they'd been stuck in there.

I prefer CF, but I guess we have no choice. Imagine what will replace SD cards; how many will fit on the head of a pin?

The upside is they costs like a buck a gig and you can put a weeks shoot in your wallet.

I will admit they are a little small, but you get two of em so you can lose a few and be ok.

BC

BJNY

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

I like SD cards, especially since Apple Macbook Pros and iMacs have built-in readers

Also, eventual SD-XC standard will scale up to 2 Terabytes.
Guillermo

aaron

• http://
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2010, 04:51:08 am »

Yes SD cards are scarily small, you wont be sticking them into your macbook while sitting on your deep shag pile rug    but at least you can stick them in your macbook.....

Pentax have never really followed the herd, the old 645 always used those 'plug in' film inserts unlike the removable backs of the others. (there use to be 'others', not just Hassie and Phase..)

It will be great if the Pentax does the business, if only so we can ask "why does that Phamiya cost 25 grand?", plus it will be really nice for Hasselblad to have some of its old friends to play with rather than the new Phamiya upstarts.

Of course, it all depends on whether Pentax will sell you one! but i think even they could be shocked by the potential demand for this.

fredjeang

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 07:29:37 am »

I hope Bernard will be able to cover the event. Date is very close now.
That will be great if Pentax surprises us in a good way.

Fred.

hsmeets

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:18 am »

[attachment=20772:Untitled.jpg]

There's a news update #4 on the teaserpage that seems to confirm 40mpx.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:39:37 am by hsmeets »
Cheers,

Huib
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Up