Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sessions lost in transferring images to new hard drive  (Read 5947 times)

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
Sessions lost in transferring images to new hard drive
« on: January 09, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »

I had recently posted a question on how to avoid this, but it happened anyway.

I moved all of my image files to a new, larger hard drive, and now Capture One 5 Pro cannot find any of my sessions, and all of my adjustments have disappeared.  I have tried opening a session by selecting the col.50 folder, but each time I try this, the program quits.

Surely, C1 can manage to find files on a new HD.  What is the secret?

Rob

tho_mas

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:18:24 am »

Quote from: robgo2
I moved all of my image files to a new, larger hard drive
you moved the image files? You have to move the entire session folder; it contains the session file and the settings.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 10:34:37 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
you moved the image files? You have to move the entire session folder; it contains the session file and the settings.

Exactly -- and why it's usually a good idea to import a new set of images into a new session folder, or create a session folder inside an existing image folder...   You may find your old default session folder (Mac) in user>Pictures>CaptureOneLibrary, then the actual settings for the files from there to the CaptureOne>Settingsxx sub-folder.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:35:47 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:05 am »

I moved all of my image files to a new, larger hard drive, and now Capture One 5 Pro cannot find any of my sessions, and all of my adjustments have disappeared.  I have tried opening a session by selecting the col.50 folder, but each time I try this, the program quits.

Rob

Update:  Only one of three sessions could not be opened.  I have submitted a crash report to Capture One's support team to see if they can be of help.

Rob

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30:08 pm »

Update:  Only one of three sessions could not be opened.  I have submitted a crash report to Capture One's support team to see if they can be of help.

Rob

Sometimes old session cos files get corrupted during the update process to the new cos files -- I had this happen to a few after I migrated from 4 to 5, and found an easy fix: Close C1. Navigate to the session cos file and delete it, but only the corrupt cos session file. Now create an entire new session using a similar, but different name, copy the new cos file over to replace the one you deleted, then delete the rest of the newly created folders. Now double-click the new cos file inside your old session folder and your session should launch, rebuild with the old settings, then work normally.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:32:18 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack

william

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:51:51 pm »

Same thing just happened to me.  Any luck resolving your issue?  Any tips?

Jack, what's the "cos file" you mentioned in your reply?

Rob

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:25:52 pm »

Quote from: william
Same thing just happened to me.  Any luck resolving your issue?  Any tips?

Jack, what's the "cos file" you mentioned in your reply?

cos is the C1 session filename's extension -- it is a file stored inside a session folder when you create the session.  So if i create a session called "LLsession", there will be a folder created called "LLsession" Inside that folder will be the three or four standard subfolders, and in addition there will be a session file called "LLsession.cos"  
Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up