Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 32bit xp pro sp3 windows calibration  (Read 2474 times)

Rocco Penny

32bit xp pro sp3 windows calibration
« on: January 09, 2010, 09:10:02 pm »

I purchased a hp lp2475w ips panel.
I have been getting really pretty good results in matching my colors new to old, and even getting better at wb, and pp etc.
Well, here's the thing.
I downloaded the app to show my profile, and my monitor shows up as having an srgb windows profile.
I've tried and tried to find a way to save my calibration target AND apply it, but always after  the process of calibration, I get a screen message stating the profile could not be activated, and then I save it manually with the save window that pops up automatically as I suppose is the default when the profile could not be activated,
and get a message stating the profile exists do I want to replace the file.
Now I'm all for buying a new computer, and have been busy putting in the time to research the one I want,
but I sure would be glad to apply the profile I make to the monitor currently installed
Does this sound familiar to anyone, and I am slightly embarrassed by my thinking I had the appropriate profile applied already to find I haven't.
I was able to apply the monitor profile to my laptop, but have plugged the 2475 into the vga out on it, and am running analog into the dvi1 port on the 2475.
I appreciate any input anyone might have thank you
Rocco
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:11:48 pm by Rocco Penny »

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:43:41 am »

Are you using a particular calibration tool (software and hardware)or doing this by eye? If by eye what target are you talking about and what software?
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

Rocco Penny

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:31 am »

thanks for the reply,
I'm hungry to learn-
I use the eye one display 2 with currently updated software
I have a laptop w/ a nvidea geforce fx go5700 graphics card
only has a vga output on it.
I use the vga to dvi1 inteconnect.
I have the 2475 set as the primary display, and have disabled the laptop screen.
Same behavior as if I leave both screens on.
I have tried various configurations of primary display settings, I have tried various terms of display protocols, I mean I've tried several combinations and haven't been able to automatically set the calibration profile nor apparently to activate it at all.
I'm all ears, and am proactive in the quest,
and really appreciate any time any of you may spend,
thank you
Rocco
Pages: [1]   Go Up