Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 5 crashes repeatedly  (Read 10394 times)

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
Capture One 5 crashes repeatedly
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:02:33 am »

I am on a trial version of C1-5 and had been happily using it for about 5 days.  However, yesterday, it began to crash repeatedly.  I was unable to browse in the Library without a freeze or unexpected quitting.  This began after I started importing files into sessions.  I think that I must have done something to make the program angry, but I cannot figure out what it may be.

Is this a known problem?  If there is no obvious fix, should I just trash the entire program and reinstall it?  I am working on a Mac OS 10.5.8.  I have been extremely happy with the output from C1-5 and would like to make it my main RAW converter, but only if it is stable.

Rob
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:03:32 am by robgo2 »

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:05:36 pm »

Quote from: robgo2
I am on a trial version of C1-5 and had been happily using it for about 5 days.  However, yesterday, it began to crash repeatedly.  I was unable to browse in the Library without a freeze or unexpected quitting.  This began after I started importing files into sessions.  I think that I must have done something to make the program angry, but I cannot figure out what it may be.

Is this a known problem?  If there is no obvious fix, should I just trash the entire program and reinstall it?  I am working on a Mac OS 10.5.8.  I have been extremely happy with the output from C1-5 and would like to make it my main RAW converter, but only if it is stable.

Rob

Have you got a previous version of C1 installed? Have you repaired permissions?
Bill

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:57:11 pm »

Quote from: robgo2

Rob

Is it crashing in multiple different sessions, or always in the same session?  If it's in any session, I would nuke ALL C1 program files and do a totally fresh install.  If it is in one specific session, I have found that every now and again, a C1 session file -- xyz.col50 -- will get corrupted. My solution is to nuke the old.col50 file and create a new session (I use the same name), and replace old.col50 with the new.col50 file -- you don't need to replace the capture, output, trash or move-to folders.  On the next opening for that session, allow a minute or so for the folder structure to rebuild itself before working on files.  I've had to do this twice over the past three months, and both times it worked perfectly. Nicest thing about this method is all of your historical adjustments and folder contents remain intact.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:00:07 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 08:10:59 am »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
Is it crashing in multiple different sessions, or always in the same session?  If it's in any session, I would nuke ALL C1 program files and do a totally fresh install.  If it is in one specific session, I have found that every now and again, a C1 session file -- xyz.col50 -- will get corrupted. My solution is to nuke the old.col50 file and create a new session (I use the same name), and replace old.col50 with the new.col50 file -- you don't need to replace the capture, output, trash or move-to folders.  On the next opening for that session, allow a minute or so for the folder structure to rebuild itself before working on files.  I've had to do this twice over the past three months, and both times it worked perfectly. Nicest thing about this method is all of your historical adjustments and folder contents remain intact.

Actually, what I did to solve the problem was completely uninstall the program and then re-install it.  It now seems to be running fine.  Your advice is something that I will have to keep in mind, should I encounter this problem again.

Thanks,
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up