Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Love those Trees  (Read 859724 times)

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #1560 on: September 19, 2015, 03:33:08 pm »

And one more recent:

Sunspot, Maine.

business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #1561 on: September 21, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

First autumnal tints (Rowan and birches) in Runchét.

MoreOrLess

« Reply #1562 on: September 22, 2015, 03:20:50 pm »

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #1563 on: September 22, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

lovely light.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Rob C

« Reply #1564 on: September 23, 2015, 12:05:30 pm »

Well, not sure I love all of 'em, but this one's a bit of an old buddy. Shared many a coffee, G&T, Campari Soda beneath it's silent, if reproachful gaze.

As Robbie Burns may or may not have thought: a tree's a tree for all that.

Rob C

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #1565 on: September 23, 2015, 01:21:36 pm »

One from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP
IMGP3191-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
-MattB

stevenf

« Reply #1566 on: September 23, 2015, 01:26:53 pm »

I just shot this image last week on a trip with Tim Wolcott. This is one of my first images using the Phase One XF camera and an IQ 280 back. I am impressed with the new camera. Incredible lenses and UI on the new camera. Really pleased I made the switch.

Steven

www.friedmanphoto.com

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #1567 on: September 23, 2015, 07:47:38 pm »

My painting teacher used to bang on about hot, warm, cool, cold and neutral colours. Photographs like that are very hard to find. This is an image that I would enjoy painting!

Cheers,
Tom Brown

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1568 on: September 24, 2015, 08:06:19 am »

Well, not sure I love all of 'em, but this one's a bit of an old buddy. Shared many a coffee, G&T, Campari Soda beneath it's silent, if reproachful gaze.

As Robbie Burns may or may not have thought: a tree's a tree for all that.

Rob C

NICE...A Tree is All That.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #1569 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:55 am »

NICE...A Tree is All That.

Peter

Sometimes, I find trees, as in forest, quite frightening.

There's an area heading more or less north-east from Brive (France) that has heavy forest alongside the main road. I remember stopping the car so I could go pee. Not far into the thing, just far enough to be screened from traffic, I found mysef starting to get uncomfortable, not sure about what, but I think it was about finding the road again, never mind the car. It was silent, other than for the coming and going of the roar from the occasional, invisible truck; no colour at all, and no markers that memory could use as navigational aids. I decided that that was why the French don't bother hiding away when Nature calls: they just stand alongsde their car and do it.

Experience?

Rob

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1570 on: September 24, 2015, 10:33:17 am »

There's an area heading more or less north-east from Brive (France) that has heavy forest alongside the main road. I remember stopping the car so I could go pee. Not far into the thing, just far enough to be screened from traffic, I found mysef starting to get uncomfortable, not sure about what, but I think it was about finding the road again, never mind the car. It was silent, other than for the coming and going of the roar from the occasional, invisible truck; no colour at all, and no markers that memory could use as navigational aids. I decided that that was why the French don't bother hiding away when Nature calls: they just stand alongsde their car and do it.

Experience?

Rob

That feeling of the unknown, of what a forest can be, is the very thing I find myself gravitated toward...the magnificent Tangle of it all...The forest is nature's cathedral.

Peter

stevenf

« Reply #1571 on: September 24, 2015, 01:18:31 pm »

Another image from my shoot last week.

Steven

www.friedmanphoto.com

Colorado David

« Reply #1572 on: September 25, 2015, 12:39:27 am »

Experience?

Rob

Perhaps you've read J.R.R. Tolkien one too many times.  Murkwood Forest or The Old Forest on the eastern border of the Shire certainly would cause you some discomfort.

MoreOrLess

« Reply #1573 on: September 28, 2015, 01:13:14 pm »

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:17:02 pm by MoreOrLess »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1574 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

They're both beauts

Colorado David

« Reply #1576 on: September 28, 2015, 11:26:52 pm »

I love this image.  I wish I'd shot it.  I love western U.S. forests; aspens, spruce, pines, and I especially love aspens in the fall, but this image speaks to me.  Well done.

MoreOrLess

« Reply #1577 on: September 29, 2015, 06:54:59 am »

Thanks, it was taken in the Cotswolds in the UK so a lot of Beech trees around at a spot I know low cloud funnels though the woods.

Another recent shot close to my house...

Rob C

« Reply #1578 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:12 am »

Thanks, it was taken in the Cotswolds in the UK so a lot of Beech trees around at a spot I know low cloud funnels though the woods.

Another recent shot close to my house...

I have one very similar in feeling that I bought from the photographer Francis Annet in his gallery in Sarlat, Périgord. I have it above the bed. I love the separation of valleys by mist. I have a second one of his pictures hanging above the bed too (separated by a painting by my cousin when an art student), this second photograph being a close-up of some older grapes on the vine, with much OOF effect. Love 'em both.

I wish I could do that kind of picture, but I simply never quite see it for myself, only recognize it when it's already somebody else's picture. ;-) I have a feeling that it might be a long-term effect of shooting travel stock. Very different animal, at least, in my time in the trenches.

Rob C

P.S. That part of France, the Dordogne, is very similar to some parts of Scotland, only the food you can buy out is better, far better and much cheaper, too! Or it was, twelve years ago...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:26:37 am by Rob C »

John R

« Reply #1579 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:37 am »

Nice work, moreorless. I have straight shots of this scene, but seldom can resist trying to do a impressionist version.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:10:56 am by John R »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 155   Go Up