I'm trying to figure out if it's just my system, etc. or if this is a general problem. I run Photoshop CS4 under Vista 32-bit. I have max memory under 32-bit (3Gb usable of 4GB), loads of disk space, a 4-core processor. Photoshop CS4 crashes constantly! In an average day, I have to restart PC CS4 no less than four times, including often finally rebooting my system. Plug-ins that ran fine under CS3 (like Vertus Fluid Mask 3) rarely run under CS4, especially on 16-bit images. It's gotten so bad in the past few days that I've gone back to using CS3. In the past two days, NOT A SINGLE PHOTOSHOP CRASH.
I'm usually running Lightroom in conjunction with Photoshop. These crashes have put me several days behind on some catalog work. (Coincidentally, my wife, who works on a Mac with InDesign, has InDesign CS4, and most of the time works in CS3 because of crash issues.) Is the whole CS4 line screwed up?? Thanks.
Nemo