Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NX2 using monitor profile  (Read 4920 times)

howardm

NX2 using monitor profile
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:45:24 am »

Here's an odd one.....

For some reason, NX2 (under OSX 10.5.8), when printing or printing to file, tags the file w/ my *monitor* color profile regardless
of the printer/paper profile selected.  I haven't done extensive testing but it seems like I can get closer to what it should
be (but still not accurate) by doing assign profile to 'fix' it
but honestly, printing from NX2 is a non-starter w/ this problem.

it works better still w/ 'Use Source Profile' but the moment I select Use Color Management, it goes down the drain.

ifocus

NX2 using monitor profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:46:01 pm »

Quote from: howardm
Here's an odd one.....

For some reason, NX2 (under OSX 10.5.8), when printing or printing to file, tags the file w/ my *monitor* color profile regardless
of the printer/paper profile selected.  I haven't done extensive testing but it seems like I can get closer to what it should
be (but still not accurate) by doing assign profile to 'fix' it
but honestly, printing from NX2 is a non-starter w/ this problem.

it works better still w/ 'Use Source Profile' but the moment I select Use Color Management, it goes down the drain.

You are welcome to provide more details. However, you have the option to select the printer profile in "preferences". Also, you can select specific printer profile when you are printing. CNX2 is really awesome to print, especially with its soft proofing capability. See attached images.

Pages: [1]   Go Up