Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DXO  (Read 4164 times)

mpenney

DXO
« on: December 04, 2009, 06:39:17 am »

I just used the DXO Elite demo program on a job to work over a house photo shoot... (Canon 5D with 16-35 L)

Am very disappointed in the software. Anyone else have this problem or can tell me what stupid thing I am doing to cause this?

1) color adjustments are quite easy...

2) the presets for neutral color and gamma and color saturation and density are all great

3) lens distortion system is the best part of the software (only works on dng or RAW, no Tiff or Psd)

4) Picture looks great until you take it up to 100 percent to check sharpening and noise reduction.

Then you have Problems:
A) Colors are clumped and blotchy.
 Only parts of the image are sharpened... others are actually made softer than original.
C) Detail is good some places completely gone in others.
D) Noise is good in sky but horrible in shadows and other lower middle tone....
E) At 100 percent the image looks like you have run it through a water color or paint daubs filter.

F) I have tried running the program with sharpening and noise elements turned off... Problem persists. The image is plagued with blobs of color.

Farkled

DXO
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »

Have you checked the image in other converters?

I ask because I have no such problems with DxO

marcmccalmont

DXO
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:11 pm »

Can you post a comparison between say a DxO and an ACR conversion?
Marc
Marc McCalmont

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
DXO
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 10:33:35 am »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Can you post a comparison between say a DxO and an ACR conversion?
Marc

I have the same reaction.  In my own testing, DxO 5.3 trounces ACR/Lightroom in head to head comparisons, especially at 100%.

Rob

deejjjaaaa

DXO
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:21:13 am »

Quote from: robgo2
I have the same reaction.  In my own testing, DxO 5.3 trounces ACR/Lightroom in head to head comparisons, especially at 100%.

Rob

why don't you post yours, Robgo2 ? I read the same mantra from you on all the forums - but you never bother to post something yourself   ... how about DxO 5.2 vs LR3 Beta on your Pentax (well - let us not use yours - let us use a 3rd party to be fair) and let us say some prime like FA50/1.4 ? let us say @ ISO 3200 ? publicly available raw file from the the 3rd party and post conversion parameters used in DxO vs LR so that we can reproduce that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:26:44 am by deja »
Pages: [1]   Go Up