Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 5 : tethered and write to card?  (Read 5955 times)

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
C1 5 : tethered and write to card?
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:26:12 pm »

Is there a way to have Capture One 5 run a tethered session and still have the images write to the CF
card in the camera?

I am trying to do this with my Canon 5D with no success.
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

craigwashburn

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:55 am »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
Is there a way to have Capture One 5 run a tethered session and still have the images write to the CF
card in the camera?

I am trying to do this with my Canon 5D with no success.

Not sure capture one has much control over this, that's a camera design issue.  Most cameras I've encountered switch over entirely from card when connected to a computer.

Imaginara

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 02:55:45 am »

Quote from: craigwashburn
Not sure capture one has much control over this, that's a camera design issue.  Most cameras I've encountered switch over entirely from card when connected to a computer.

In the Canon SDK its actually a driver manageable setting if the camera should save to card aswell as through USB connection. Hence why several other solutions provide this feature but not C1.

And yes, i have cursed quite a few times over the lack of this feature in C1 when the USB buffer is overloaded on MacOSX (with the latest patches) and C1 locks up and the shots taken but not sent through usb are lost.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 07:34:29 pm »

I use the Canon EOS Utility to manage my tethered connection and set its prefs so that it flags C1 when an image is sent to the drive. It has worked fine for my needs.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up