Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let there be light, and light be  (Read 2178 times)

Dave555

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • http://david-low.smugmug.com/
Let there be light, and light be
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:50:22 am »

Comments welcome

Logged
I used to rely on divine appointment with the subject

Main Arsenal: Panasonic GH1
http://david-low.smugmug.com/

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
Let there be light, and light be
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 02:05:45 am »

I like the lighting in the leaf, but the oof branch doesn't do much for me.  I'd probably crop it in half vertically and then darkent the background a little.

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t

Dave555

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • http://david-low.smugmug.com/
Let there be light, and light be
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:22:13 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
I like the lighting in the leaf, but the oof branch doesn't do much for me.  I'd probably crop it in half vertically and then darkent the background a little.

Mike.

Hi Mike.

Thanks for comments and I knew where you coming from. Personally, i don't mind the branch is oof and branch included as it leads the eye to the focused leaf, instead of paying attention to the whole thing. I think cropping vertically in halve with only the leaf will not work, I'm afriad.

But thanks again for your comments.
Logged
I used to rely on divine appointment with the subject

Main Arsenal: Panasonic GH1
http://david-low.smugmug.com/

Geoff Wittig

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1023
Let there be light, and light be
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:43:24 am »

[quote name='Dave555' date='Nov 21 2009, 07:50 AM' post='326658']
Comments welcome


Love it. The newborn leaf is fascinating, and the branch is de-emphasized by softer focus, yet it's still making the gesture of 'presenting' the leaf.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up