Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Scenes  (Read 3235 times)

tokengirl

Florida Scenes
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:54:09 pm »

I'm new here.  So I figure before I continue nitpicking others' photos I better put up some of mine.

I recently acquired a 24mm TS-E II, and I'm seriously considering gluing it to my camera.  Here are some first efforts with the lens, C&C welcome and appreciated.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Florida Scenes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:38:23 am »

The two colour images have a nice retro feel to them, but I particularly like the 2 B&W images, especially the first.  The tire in the third image reminds me of the (failed) attempt to build artificial reefs using old tires.  Seemed like such a good idea at the time.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Florida Scenes
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 11:56:19 am »

Quote from: tokengirl
I'm new here.  So I figure before I continue nitpicking others' photos I better put up some of mine.

I recently acquired a 24mm TS-E II, and I'm seriously considering gluing it to my camera.  Here are some first efforts with the lens, C&C welcome and appreciated.

These are great! I really like your "eye," these are the types of subjects that would attract me. And, technically very well done. bravo!

John R

Florida Scenes
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:33:42 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
These are great! I really like your "eye," these are the types of subjects that would attract me. And, technically very well done. bravo!
I'm with Peter, very impressive images. Clean and bold in their motif, especially the tire shot. There is something about the last colour image that is so mundane but at the same time, attractive, like something we overlook but see every day. It does remind one of the 1950, 60's magazine images.

JMR
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:53:39 pm by John R »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Florida Scenes
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:31 pm »

Toke, Good shooting. I especially like number one with its somewhat exaggerated sky, and number four with its Martin Parr overtones. Sometimes I miss the tilts and shifts I used to have on my view camera. Always nice to know you can get them back with a lens like the TS-E II and the Nikon equivalents. I'd be in Florida right now, looking at stuff like this, instead of in Colorado looking at snow, but our household construction isn't finished, and I'll have to wait until it is. Keep shooting and show us some more.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:15:01 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

popnfresh

Florida Scenes
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:39 pm »

Striking images. Good work. The quality of the light in #2 makes it the most interesting for me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:49:14 pm by popnfresh »

mattpallante

Florida Scenes
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 08:08:59 pm »

#1 rocks. I might darken the foreground a little.

Ed Blagden

Florida Scenes
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 12:20:36 pm »

I like them all, but #4 especially - as Russ said, very Martin Parr-esque.

Ed

Ishmael.

Florida Scenes
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 03:41:59 pm »

Theyre all good but #2 and #4 are the ones I come back to most. The combination of color & light in #2 is perfect, capped off by the reflective windows on the top - I love that.

tokengirl

Florida Scenes
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 09:37:28 pm »

Thank you all for the kind words.  Regarding the 4th one, I was after a sort of retro-cheesy touristy kind of effect, so I'm pleased that my intent has come through.  But that image still gives me fits - the direction of the floorboards makes me want to straighten out the photo, even though it IS straight.  I'm just waiting for a cloudless morning to re-shoot from a slightly different angle to see what can be done about the floor.  I think the boards either need to be straight or at a much more radical angle.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Florida Scenes
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 09:59:28 pm »

Toke, Relax. The boards aren't the point of the picture. The point's well taken, with or without the boards.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up