Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 now available for download  (Read 7608 times)

Graham Mitchell

Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 now available for download
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:06:00 pm »

Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 is now available for download. www.sinar.ch

The GUI has a dark option which looks good (see preferences). For some reason the simple window size bug which I reported when v6 was released is still not fixed. When you open eXposure for the first time, the application window is too large for a 1440x900 Macbook Pro screen. You must go to View -> Fullscreen and deselect Fullscreeen. Then do the same and reactivate it and the application window will now match your monitor. This is an easy workaround but must be done every time you start the app!

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »

Looks like minor bug fixes which is always nice when using it every day like me. No major new features though, which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully Snow Leopard compatible now - I will test it today. A simple colour editor would be nice - RGB sliders for hue/sat at least.

Ben

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »

Quote from: bdp
Looks like minor bug fixes which is always nice when using it every day like me. No major new features though, which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully Snow Leopard compatible now - I will test it today. A simple colour editor would be nice - RGB sliders for hue/sat at least.

Ben

abreviated summary of whats in it:-

- 100 % Compatibility with Apple OS Leopard and Snow Leopard  
- Supported backs (for tethered shooting) are:
Sinarback eVolution 75H
Sinarback 54M/MC (new)
Sinarback eMotion 75/54
Sinarback eSprit 65
- STI import for former Sinar digital backs (e.g. Sinarback 54H) and conversion into DNG by Drag and Drop into a new folder
- more and improved ICC profiles (Flash, Tungsten, Daylight) with new support of BasICColor target for Colour Calibration

what do you think of the new website?
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

ScottGriz

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:50 am »

I'm trying to use this new version to pull in and process .sti files I have from a Sinarback 54 captured in CaptureShop5. They are all 16 shot multishot. When I view the images in eXposure, the metadata only shows them as being 5440x4080 rather than 10880x8160. Exporting them also yields the smaller size file. Is eXposure not able to recognize multishot images? This will be incredibly disappointing if it is the case as I would love to take advantage of the improved workflow tools and be able to offload my captures to a much more powerful system to do so. Right now I use CaptureShop5 on a separate machine to process and export, but it lacks many features and the speed that eXposure has.
Thanks and any help you can provide,
Scott

PdF

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:11:37 pm »

Quote from: ScottGriz
I'm trying to use this new version to pull in and process .sti files I have from a Sinarback 54 captured in CaptureShop5. They are all 16 shot multishot. When I view the images in eXposure, the metadata only shows them as being 5440x4080 rather than 10880x8160. Exporting them also yields the smaller size file. Is eXposure not able to recognize multishot images? This will be incredibly disappointing if it is the case as I would love to take advantage of the improved workflow tools and be able to offload my captures to a much more powerful system to do so. Right now I use CaptureShop5 on a separate machine to process and export, but it lacks many features and the speed that eXposure has.
Thanks and any help you can provide,
Scott
It's exactly the same for me: the 16shots sti pictures are exported in eXposure in the dimensions of a 4shots. 99% of my pictures are made in 16shots. So... eXposure is totally useless for me.

We are going to have to wait up to the version 10 of eXposure to develop CaptureShop files in a usable RAW format...

PdF
PdF

Jeff Weir

• www.jeffweir.com
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 12:53:55 pm »

Any guesses wether or not exposure will ever fully support the 54H back?

evgeny

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:37:35 pm »

I also need eXposure support for the 54H back.

ThierryH

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:04 pm »

Quote from: Jeff Weir
Any guesses wether or not exposure will ever fully support the 54H back?

Dear Jeff,

I doubt there will be any 54 H support in eXposure.

Best regards,
Thierry

ScottGriz

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 07:37:27 pm »

Quote from: ThierryH
I doubt there will be any 54 H support in eXposure.

Well, there IS support for it. Just seems that there is an issue with the 16 shot STI images. I'm just hoping this will be addressed in a future release.
I don't care if I can shoot from eXposure, I just want to be able to handle the 16 shot STI captures that come from CaptureShop 5.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:39:11 pm by ScottGriz »

Goodi

• http://
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 03:42:47 am »

Well, there IS support for it. Just seems that there is an issue with the 16 shot STI images. I'm just hoping this will be addressed in a future release.
I don't care if I can shoot from eXposure, I just want to be able to handle the 16 shot STI captures that come from CaptureShop 5.
Hi Guys,
it might be possible to handle the files from the 54H but due to its is not mentioned in the compatibility list this support is not official. And when I'm listining the reason is that eXposure is not regocnising the 16 shot files.
Regards
Michael

ThierryH

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 05:09:15 am »

That's what I am trying to say: it is not FULLY supported (16-shot, or possibly other issues), respectively not at all officially, and again, I doubt it ever will.

Best regards,
Thierry

ScottGriz

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 02:30:48 pm »

Just read this on the Download page for eXposure...

http://www.sinar.ch/en/downloads/category/...turing-software

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We discovered a major Bug when a Sinarback 54M/MC is connected to Sinar eXposure 7.0.1.

Please use Sinar CaptureShop 5.6.3 until the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Not sure what the bug is, but thought I would pass this on.

PdF

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:06 pm »

Just read this on the Download page for eXposure...
http://www.sinar.ch/en/downloads/category/...turing-software
Not sure what the bug is, but thought I would pass this on.

This note is quite new, it seems...

PdF
PdF

ThierryH

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 04:15:06 pm »

Quote from: PdF
This note is quite new, it seems...

PdF

... from last Friday.

Thierry

galupi20

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »

I sent an email to Sinar telling this problem last Friday. You have to insert the CD with the white reference to use the Sinar 54M tethered every time you connect the back.

Luis

ScottGriz

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:54 am »

In reference to the 16 Shot problem. Here is a response I received directly from Sinar.

Dear Scott

Thank you for contacting Sinar Photography.

In the current Version of Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 Sinar CaptureShop 16-shot Images are not properly
interpolated. Therefore, the pixelsize of .cs16 images are not correct. 16 shot images are supported
in a later version of Sinar eXposure.

Please take our apologies for the inconvinience.

Best Regards

--
Sinar Photography AG
Hans-Peter Ochsner / Senior Customer Care Manager

To this I replied by asking if I could post the above reply and also when he thought a fix would arrive and here is the reply to that.

Hello Scott

I don't mind if you post my answer on the LL forum.

In order not to have several inquiries, please do not provide my email adress.

I am sorry, but I do not have an estimate on when this bug will be fixed at the moment.

Best regards
--
Sinar Photography AG
Hans-Peter Ochsner / Senior Customer Care Manager

So hopefully this will clear up the question of the possibility of future support for 16 Shot captures.
Now we wait.

-Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up