Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaves and berries  (Read 1380 times)

John R

Leaves and berries
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:24:32 pm »

a simple double exposure made in-camera. They don't always fare so well, but this one did.

JMR

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
Leaves and berries
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 05:32:53 pm »

I like it as do I like much of your work.

How do you do manage to do an in-camera double exposure?  Is it particular to your make and model of camera or can most DSLRs do this if you know how?

Andrew
[size=12p

John R

Leaves and berries
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 06:40:35 pm »

Quote from: AndrewKulin
I like it as do I like much of your work.

How do you do manage to do an in-camera double exposure?  Is it particular to your make and model of camera or can most DSLRs do this if you know how?

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. You are quite right, it is particular to all higher Pentax models and probably other makes. I recall another member. Ed B,  asking about that and I couldn't believe his Canon did not allow for double exposures. He started a discussion on this topic at "http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36268&hl=" . Mine goes up to nine exposures. I recall reading that before digital, the latest film Nikons and Canons did multiple exposures up to about 50. It was a big deal back then. That was about 1995 or so. My Pentax is really neat because it simply divides the exposures in half for two images, or more for multiple exposures; If you uncheck the level balance exposure, you can shoot the second or multiple exposures at whatever exposure you choose, like, for combining moon shots with landscapes. So each would have the correct exposure, but not be split in half.

JMR
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:10:52 pm by John R »
Pages: [1]   Go Up