Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reset Camera RAW settings in LR  (Read 2108 times)

annesophieheist

• http://www.annesophieheist.com
reset Camera RAW settings in LR
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:05:49 am »

If I remember correctly I used to have an option to reset my Develop settings back to the original Camera Raw settings ( i did some adjustments  in the Develop Mode on my MacPro  with the images on an external harddrive, then I re-imported them on my laptop and the adjustments where still there but the History tab in the Develop mode was telling me Import and nothing else. Where can I reset these images to what they originally looked like when they came straight out of the camera?

I want to see if I oversharpened the image in LR  ( in DEVELOP and while exporting) by looking at the original untouched files  as a clients was complaining about that on a few prints.

Thank you for any feedback!  Am pretty desperate. Its like having read something somewhere but you forgot where! Was it in a book, magazine or on a web again??????
I have been looking for this button for over 3 hours now and am slightly going gaga...

ASH

thierrylegros396

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:20 am »

Quote from: annesophieheist
If I remember correctly I used to have an option to reset my Develop settings back to the original Camera Raw settings ( i did some adjustments  in the Develop Mode on my MacPro  with the images on an external harddrive, then I re-imported them on my laptop and the adjustments where still there but the History tab in the Develop mode was telling me Import and nothing else. Where can I reset these images to what they originally looked like when they came straight out of the camera?

I want to see if I oversharpened the image in LR  ( in DEVELOP and while exporting) by looking at the original untouched files  as a clients was complaining about that on a few prints.

Thank you for any feedback!  Am pretty desperate. Its like having read something somewhere but you forgot where! Was it in a book, magazine or on a web again??????
I have been looking for this button for over 3 hours now and am slightly going gaga...

ASH

If it is like in Windows, you have to go to the menu Edition/Preference/Predetermined Parameters or something like this and click on the "reset all developpment parameters" !

Sorry, but I've the French version !

Thierry
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:59:21 am by thierrylegros396 »

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:56:31 am »

If you simply want to see if you oversharpened a file, and you want to temporarily turn off sharpening, you can just visit the Detail tab in Develop and set Sharpening to zero.

If you want to reset all image settings to the per-camera defaults, click the Reset button at the bottom of the right panel in Develop.

If you have already registered a per-camera default setting that you wish to reset to the original per-camera default settings, hold down Option / Alt in Develop and the Reset button will turn into a "Set Default..." button. Click it. Then in the ensuing dialog box, click the "Restore Adboe Default Settings" button.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up