Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock of Shilaru (Himachal Pradesh,India)  (Read 2421 times)

ArunGaur

Rock of Shilaru (Himachal Pradesh,India)
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:18:18 am »

It was difficult to do justice to the color and texture. I post one image. The others are at my site, in case you feel inclined to visit it.

Best wishes,

Arun Gaur
Visit My Website

[attachment=17612:For_Luminous.jpg]

LoisWakeman

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:22:53 am »

You have some pleasing images on your web site, Arun. I particularly liked the sense of flow in #4 (like a dry waterfall), and this is my second favourite. Is the rock the side of a collapsed cave? The markings look rather like flowstone (calcium carbonate deposits). Would be easier to appreciate posted a bit bigger though!

ArunGaur

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:26 pm »

Quote from: LoisWakeman
You have some pleasing images on your web site, Arun. I particularly liked the sense of flow in #4 (like a dry waterfall), and this is my second favourite. Is the rock the side of a collapsed cave? The markings look rather like flowstone (calcium carbonate deposits). Would be easier to appreciate posted a bit bigger though!

Lois

There is no cave around. You just drive your scooter after Matiana on the national highway and you would find it. The road connects Panchkula, Kalka, Solan, Shimla, Narkanda, Rampur, Reckong Peo and then it moves along the Tibet border onto Tabo. Quite a long journey on a rough terrain. However, the rock face in question is not far away. From Panchkula to Shimla it is roughly 100 kilometers, then you move ahead. May be around 40 kilometers from Shimla you would come across these, at times lofty, rock-faces right on the brink of the road. No cave. About the chemical composition I have no idea, though I would be very much interested in knowing it myself. David has an interesting comment on his site about the color and texture on Photoclubalpha. Perhaps that may also help you.
I am delighted to know that you have liked some shots on my site. Thanks for that.
About the size of images: Since I am very much a novice in the art of site-making (though I am learning steadily), I am really not sure about many things. The size of images is one of those things. I may be able to think about the increase in size if some detailed suggestions (dimensions etc.) come my way.

Greetings

Arun Gaur

Visit My Website
Pages: [1]   Go Up