Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase C1Pro5 any Guinea Pigs yet?  (Read 29756 times)

craigwashburn

Phase C1Pro5 any Guinea Pigs yet?
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 03:10:32 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
C1 V4 also rendered full resolution up from 25%... below it has always been a bit washy.
In V5 you can set the preview size in the preferences:
[attachment=17800:prefs.jpg]

if you have a large monitor and don't use the proof margin you have to set a higher value... according to the pixel size "to fit" utilizes.
The smaller the preview cache size, the faster, the bigger, the slower. The balance quality vs. speed is up to you.

I messed with this slider and there is no change in preview sharpness or size that I can tell.

as all the tools: copy & apply the adjustment to the selected images.

Except...it doesn't work    And these are simple dust spots - on a plain white background, in the same place each time.   When working with an individual image, clicking on the dust spot puts the circle around it, and does nothing.  But, if I leave the image, and come back to it, sometimes the spot will be gone.  And sometimes it won't.  Despite always being on a white background.

craigwashburn

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 03:33:53 pm »

Quote from: craigwashburn
I messed with this slider and there is no change in preview sharpness or size that I can tell.

Interesting, I managed to garner a slight improvement in quality by reducing the preview size from the default of 1000 to 600.  For grins, I increased it to 2200 as well - this resulted in a blurry mess of a preview, even at 25%.  

My guess is that the algorithm being used to scale down the preview to the display is the source of the blurriness.

P1 support is telling me they had complaints about the Fit sharpness.  But I remember when 4 was released the same issues of lack of preview sharpness at Fit were raised....  

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 10:42:48 pm »

Quote from: craigwashburn
Interesting, I managed to garner a slight improvement in quality by reducing the preview size from the default of 1000 to 600.  For grins, I increased it to 2200 as well - this resulted in a blurry mess of a preview, even at 25%.  

My guess is that the algorithm being used to scale down the preview to the display is the source of the blurriness.

P1 support is telling me they had complaints about the Fit sharpness.  But I remember when 4 was released the same issues of lack of preview sharpness at Fit were raised....

The Preview size only changes on NEW incoming images. Anything which already has a preview will not be effected unless you specifically went into the Capture One Settings folder where that raw file resides and deleted the preview files.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

craigwashburn

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 02:15:13 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
The Preview size only changes on NEW incoming images. Anything which already has a preview will not be effected unless you specifically went into the Capture One Settings folder where that raw file resides and deleted the preview files.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

Hi Doug, I can verify this is not the case.  Increase your preview size to very large (beyond your monitor's width or height), and then switch to another image in your session.  The preview will re-generate in the viewer.

You do have to switch images though for this to occur.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up