Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: autumn waves  (Read 2412 times)

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
autumn waves
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:54:25 pm »

A simple abstract of wavy like colours.

Edit: Just added another photo rather than start a new thread. A BW treatment, with crop and, no PP except contrast and brightness levels.

JMR
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:25:33 am by John R »
Logged

Ed Blagden

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 502
autumn waves
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:09:20 am »

I like it, but for some reason (is it just me?) I want to look at this in landscape orientation... I rotated my head 90 degrees to the left and it looked much better.

What is it of btw?

Ed
Logged

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
autumn waves
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:33:17 am »

Interesting!

(Ed: it's a mystery...)

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
autumn waves
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:28 am »

Quote from: Ed B
I like it, but for some reason (is it just me?) I want to look at this in landscape orientation... I rotated my head 90 degrees to the left and it looked much better.

What is it of btw?

Ed
Thanks. Are you sure you want to know? Maybe I should leave it as a mystery. Suffice to say, it is from the same subject matter I have been posting here for months. It is interesting that you made the observation about the landscape vs portrait format. In fact when I downloaded the images it came up in landscape format. I briefly contemplated posting in landscape but I did not want to offend the gods of subject-matter

JMR

JMR
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:42:01 am by John R »
Logged

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
autumn waves
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:38:41 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Interesting!

(Ed: it's a mystery...)

Mike.
Thanks Mike. I am sure you can guess. It is Autumn after all, my favourite time of the year, even though I have seen no mist this year

JMR
Logged

Ed Blagden

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 502
autumn waves
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:20:22 am »

Quote from: John R
Thanks. Are you sure you want to know? Maybe I should leave it as a mystery.  ((SNIP))... I briefly contemplated posting in landscape but I did not want to offend the gods of subject-matter

JMR

You're having it both ways!!  You can't abstract the hell out of something and then get all worried about respecting the original orientation of the subject!  Still, nice shot (particularly in landscape ).

Ed
Logged

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
autumn waves
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:22:51 am »

Quote from: Ed B
You're having it both ways!!  You can't abstract the hell out of something and then get all worried about respecting the original orientation of the subject!  Still, nice shot (particularly in landscape ).

Ed
Yes, I suppose you are right. It is like inverting or flipping a reflection photo, no real harm done. But I have my lenses crossed just in case. bTW, jsut added a new photo rather than start another thread. Came from the same outing.

JMR
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up