Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera motion studies  (Read 2128 times)

John R

Camera motion studies
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:40 pm »

These are photos of an experimental nature. They are produced by moving or panning the camera, or zooming the lens. All were taken in or near a beautiful conservation area north of Toronto. Some are more abstract than others. The last image is to give you an idea of the area and subject matter I was photographing.

JMR
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:29:21 pm by John R »

shutterpup

Camera motion studies
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:38:05 pm »

Your experiments are growing on me. I really like the first one in the second row, and the first two appeal as well. I can see possibilities for this kind of technique in some fabric work I do.

Pup

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Camera motion studies
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:48 am »

Interesting... in #5, I like how the zooming effect adds to the sun rays, very nice.

John R

Camera motion studies
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 03:47:29 pm »

Quote from: shutterpup
Your experiments are growing on me. I really like the first one in the second row, and the first two appeal as well. I can see possibilities for this kind of technique in some fabric work I do.

Pup
Thanks. You should give it try. It only costs pixels that you can erase. If it was film, I would be broke.

JMR

John R

Camera motion studies
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:49:55 pm »

Quote from: EduPerez
Interesting... in #5, I like how the zooming effect adds to the sun rays, very nice.
Not sure what you mean. The white areas are sky. The other areas are actually the leaves and some apples on the ground, and that's what created the beautiful coloured rays under the tree.

JMR
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:51:02 pm by John R »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Camera motion studies
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:43 pm »

John, That last shot looks as if you first changed to an undamaged lens. Seriously, though, I hope you're gathering the best of this kind of work and looking toward next year's Color magazine portfolio contest. The kind of thing you're doing is right up their alley.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

John R

Camera motion studies
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:08 pm »

Quote from: RSL
John, That last shot looks as if you first changed to an undamaged lens. Seriously, though, I hope you're gathering the best of this kind of work and looking toward next year's Color magazine portfolio contest. The kind of thing you're doing is right up their alley.
I will have to pick up the magazine as their site only gives a call for BW material.

JMR

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Camera motion studies
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 11:45:23 am »

Quote from: John R
I will have to pick up the magazine as their site only gives a call for BW material.

JMR

Try www.color-mag.com.

B&W currently has its portfolio contest going. Color finished theirs, but now they're working on their single photograph contest. For the Color portfolio contest you'll have to wait until next year -- mid to late summer. So, as you go along, collect from 8 to 12 of your best. From what I've seen it sure looks as if you'd have a clear shot at getting them published. I'm probably not the best judge, though. I have yet to win that kind of exposure. On the other hand, I've had ads in Color #2, #4  and the current #5, though sales will never make me rich.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up