Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Contax 645 auto bellows for landscapes  (Read 2213 times)

anile4

Converting Contax 645 auto bellows for landscapes
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:15:36 pm »

Does anyone have experience in adapting their Contax 645 auto bellows to general landscape work?  In particular can anyone offer advice on a suitable adaptor to enable me to use my bellows as a view camera which can focus to infinity?  What lens should I be looking at to use with it for general landscape work?

What has been the general experience in adopting this solution?

Regards

Anile4

vgogolak

• http://
Converting Contax 645 auto bellows for landscapes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:26:20 pm »

Quote from: anile4
Does anyone have experience in adapting their Contax 645 auto bellows to general landscape work?  In particular can anyone offer advice on a suitable adaptor to enable me to use my bellows as a view camera which can focus to infinity?  What lens should I be looking at to use with it for general landscape work?

What has been the general experience in adopting this solution?

Regards

Anile4

what lens are you thinking of using?
The problem is that the bellows wants to go the other way, macro
however, if you had a lens that had a VERY long registry distance (say twice the hasselblad) you could use an hasslblad flage and contax to hasselbld adapter.
you could mount the lens on a lens board, and put a hassey flange (I guess you could use a Contax 645 flange from a cheap adapter and go right to the front of the bellows

but again, what lens would focus at infinity at that great a disctance fron the focal plane?

Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up