Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G11 Arrives. I like it.  (Read 2185 times)

kirktuck

• http://www.kirktuck.com
G11 Arrives. I like it.
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:03:35 pm »

I picked up the Canon G11 on Saturday the 10th and have been using it pretty much non stop since then.  I like the lower noise at higher ISO's (compared to the G10).  Unlike a few others who've posted opinions on other forums I don't find the build quality at all inferior to the G10 and really like the articulated screen.  The best feature of the camera (for me) is the reduction of pixels and the increase of file quality at higher settings.  I am keeping my G10 as I like the way it performs at 80 and 100 and it's nice to have a pair.  They both use the same battery!!

If you are on the fence I suggest taking a card to your dealer and shooting some ISO 400 and 800 images and doing some pixel peeping.  More to the point, the prints I've made on our Studio Canon 9500 look really good.

Kirk Tuck

thierrylegros396

G11 Arrives. I like it.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:58:44 am »

As you have G10 and G11, could you show us same things shooted by each one to really make a good comparison.

Please shoot in manual mode to be sure to keep the same settings !

Process them with the same program and settings.

Show us only 100% magnification.

Small parts of the image but with decent jpeg quality setting !

Wanna see especially dark areas details, blue sky with gray clouds at 200, 400, and 800 ISO.

Have a Nice Day !

Thierry

MarkL

G11 Arrives. I like it.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:25 am »

Not having used one myself and given the price tag I have to ask, does it feel like it is good value for money?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:22:23 pm by MarkL »

kirktuck

• http://www.kirktuck.com
G11 Arrives. I like it.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:48:33 am »

Quote from: thierrylegros396
As you have G10 and G11, could you show us same things shooted by each one to really make a good comparison.

Please shoot in manual mode to be sure to keep the same settings !

Process them with the same program and settings.

Show us only 100% magnification.

Small parts of the image but with decent jpeg quality setting !

Wanna see especially dark areas details, blue sky with gray clouds at 200, 400, and 800 ISO.

Have a Nice Day !

Thierry

Thierry,  That sounds like an assignment.  Do you have a purchase order? :-)  I'll try to shoot some test stuff this weekend.  And, for the other poster, all cost is relative.  I think it's a good value for the money but I thought so about the G10 as well.....and I still do.

thierrylegros396

G11 Arrives. I like it.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:14 pm »

Quote from: kirktuck
Thierry,  That sounds like an assignment.  Do you have a purchase order? :-)  I'll try to shoot some test stuff this weekend.  And, for the other poster, all cost is relative.  I think it's a good value for the money but I thought so about the G10 as well.....and I still do.

I'm just hungry      

Do you like "Boulets à la Liégeoise" with a good "Rochefort" Trappist Belgian beer ?!

Hmmmm      
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:18:50 pm by thierrylegros396 »

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
G11 Arrives. I like it.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 05:46:44 pm »

Quote from: MarkL
Not having used one myself and given the price tag I have to ask, does it feel like it is good value for money?

If you need/want RAW format images, the G10/G11 is about the only game in town for a point and shoot. If you don't need RAW, you should probably look elsewhere.

Peter
http://www.peteraitken.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up