Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medium Format camera recommendation?  (Read 2033 times)

natas

Medium Format camera recommendation?
« on: October 08, 2009, 03:07:01 pm »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone here could make a suggestion on a good starter medium format camera. What I would like to get is something that can hold a digital back if I decide to pursue that. However, right now I am just interested in getting a good medium format film camera that I could use at weddings, and for landscape photography. So far I have been looking at the Mamiya AFD, its right at my price range but I am not sure if it will take a digital back.

dseelig

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 03:46:35 pm »

HI
I had a mamiya afd and quite frankly hated it shutter delay feel of the camera. I bought a contax 645 yes a dead system but other then a 28 mm lens it has all the lenses you would want works with digtal backs and the lenses are great and have come down in price on the used market.

Professional

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:34:53 am »

Look at Hasselblad 500 series cameras, or maybe Mamiya.

Henry Goh

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 04:25:02 am »

Quote from: natas
Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone here could make a suggestion on a good starter medium format camera. What I would like to get is something that can hold a digital back if I decide to pursue that. However, right now I am just interested in getting a good medium format film camera that I could use at weddings, and for landscape photography. So far I have been looking at the Mamiya AFD, its right at my price range but I am not sure if it will take a digital back.

If you use a Mamiya AFD III body with the latest firmware, you will find it is a huge huge improvement over the older AFD and AFD II, especially shutter lag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up