Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 - reprint is different. Retrieve settings?  (Read 2019 times)

TravelingChick

Z3100 - reprint is different. Retrieve settings?
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:24:32 am »

I have an HP Z3100 printer. A few weeks a go I printed on of my shots, and the result was beautiful  - stunning, over-saturated colors - I loved it. I went to print the same shot yesterday, and it looks different. The colors are more "true" but I really wanted to replicate the "pop" of the first one.

I thought I had used the same printer settings for both jobs, but obviously not. The old job is still in the Job Center of the HP Printer Utility software, and Lightroom history shows me the date and time I printed. From either of these two places is it possible to retrieve the settings used when I previously printed this shot? I know the paper is the same, but I must have used the "wrong" settings before and would like to know what they were.

Thanks for any help!
Celeste

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 11:29:55 am »

Quote from: TravelingChick
I have an HP Z3100 printer. A few weeks a go I printed on of my shots, and the result was beautiful  - stunning, over-saturated colors - I loved it. I went to print the same shot yesterday, and it looks different. The colors are more "true" but I really wanted to replicate the "pop" of the first one.

I thought I had used the same printer settings for both jobs, but obviously not. The old job is still in the Job Center of the HP Printer Utility software, and Lightroom history shows me the date and time I printed. From either of these two places is it possible to retrieve the settings used when I previously printed this shot? I know the paper is the same, but I must have used the "wrong" settings before and would like to know what they were.

Thanks for any help!
Celeste

Go to HPs Printer Utility and select the Z3100. Then select Job Center and click on the plus sign next to the original print (the saturated one) you want to reprint. All of your settings will be the same. Click on Reprint, and if the image still doesn't print like the original you may need to Calibrate the printer (from Color Center). Also make sure that none of the cartridges are very low on ink and need replacing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:33:11 am by dct123 »

TravelingChick

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:13:35 pm »

That's excellent. Thanks. What if I want to print it at a different size? I liked my "punchy" print so much I wanted to enlarge it.

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »

If you want to enlarge it, take note of the settings as in the above reply and apply them to you reprint.

TravelingChick

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:54:52 pm »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
If you want to enlarge it, take note of the settings as in the above reply and apply them to you reprint.

I must be having a blonde moment. When I click on the plus sign in the "job center" tab I get: the preview of my job, the filename, the loaded paper, and the dimensions. I do not see any other settings, like which colorspace or paper I selected in the printer driver when I initially submitted the job.. When I click on the "job properties" tab I get: file, status, pages, printed copies, date and user name.

I was really hoping to see what selections I had ACTUALLY made in the driver from Lightroom (as opposed to the ones which I apparently made which resulted in the happy accident of a print I love). Have I just missed something in the HP printer Utility?

Just for the record the inks are fine, and it is the same roll of paper as the previous print.

Celeste

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:21:29 pm »

Quote from: TravelingChick
I must be having a blonde moment. When I click on the plus sign in the "job center" tab I get: the preview of my job, the filename, the loaded paper, and the dimensions. I do not see any other settings, like which colorspace or paper I selected in the printer driver when I initially submitted the job.. When I click on the "job properties" tab I get: file, status, pages, printed copies, date and user name.

I was really hoping to see what selections I had ACTUALLY made in the driver from Lightroom (as opposed to the ones which I apparently made which resulted in the happy accident of a print I love). Have I just missed something in the HP printer Utility?

Just for the record the inks are fine, and it is the same roll of paper as the previous print.

Celeste

That's all you get in HP's printer utility. If I wanted to be able to se ALL my settings, I'd print from InDesign. However, Qimage does a similar recall of saved jobs. Get the Studio edition of Qimage and that's all you'll ever need to print from. For a new image simply recall a previous one with the paper size/printer/etc. settings you want, clear the old image from the queue, insert your new image and you'll be able to print that image with the exact settings of the recalled print job.

Darrill

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 10:23:39 am »

I came across your posts when trying to discover why, having upgraded to v1.9 of the HP Printer Utility, I no longer had the option to review my print after sending it to the printer from Lightroom.

The option is there in the driver but if I select it, the print job just disappears after about 30 seconds.

But what I wanted to question is where do you find "Job Center" in the HP Utility? I have Job Accounting and Color Center but not Job Center and certainly no screen where I can reprint from.

I have reinstalled this utility 3 times on an XP system.

Any ideas?

Darrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up