Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One 645DF  (Read 2934 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Phase One 645DF
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:30:37 pm »

The 645DF is claimed to now be the only 645 medium format camera which supports both focal plane and leaf shutters, though the forthcoming Leica S2 does as well (though not strictly speaking a 645 format camera).

Wasn't sure how to read this because it excludes the Hasselblad 205FCC and 203FE, both of which take both 'C' (leaf shutter) and 'F' (focal plane) lenses.  OTOH, Hasseblad doesn't make these anymore and while some of them are still around I don't know how many are still in use.  So I guess the above is at least 'practically' if not 'technically' true.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

vandevanterSH

Phase One 645DF
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:12:13 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Wasn't sure how to read this because it excludes the Hasselblad 205FCC and 203FE, both of which take both 'C' (leaf shutter) and 'F' (focal plane) lenses.  OTOH, Hasseblad doesn't make these anymore and while some of them are still around I don't know how many are still in use.  So I guess the above is at least 'practically' if not 'technically' true.

Mike.

"while some of them are still around I don't know how many are still in use"
Judging by how few are on the used market, I think that quit a few are being used.  With the introduction of the CFV39, the demand for these bodies is likely to increase.  I am waiting to see some results with the Hasselblad 110 f/2 fe and the CFV239.

Steve

BJL

Phase One 645DF
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:01:01 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Wasn't sure how to read this because it excludes the Hasselblad 205FCC and 203F ... Hasseblad doesn't make these anymore ...

The statement is "The 645DF camera is the only 645 medium format camera which supports both focal plane and leaf shutters", in the present tense.

So firstly, it reads as a statement about current systems, not discontinued ones like those Hasselblad FP shutter models, or coming attractions like the Leica S system. Otherwise, the old Pentax 645 and Mamiya 645 manual focus film camera systems could also be mentioned; both had some leaf shutter lenses.

Secondly, it is about 645 systems, which also rules out those old Hasselblads. So the old Pentax and Mamiya 645 systems would be better examples.

Thirdly, it might even go without saying in 2009 that the subject is digital cameras, not Frankenstein cameras (exhumed discontinued manual focus film camera bodies in one format with a digital back of a different smaller format bolted on and no electronic communication between body and back.)

vandevanterSH

Phase One 645DF
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:03:58 pm »

Thirdly, it might even go without saying in 2009 that the subject is digital cameras, not Frankenstein cameras (exhumed discontinued manual focus film camera bodies in one format with a digital back of a different smaller format bolted on and no electronic communication between body and back.)
Unfortunately in 2009 , there are still a few people  who can only afford Frankenstein MFD. :>)

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up