Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4800 makes streak mark  (Read 3198 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Epson 4800 makes streak mark
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:33:39 am »

Hi,
When I try and make a 14x21 inch print on my Epson 4800 I get a thin dark streak that is about an inch long on the left edge of the print.  I'm ok when I print 12x18 because the streak appears off the print.  I called epson and they said that there may be residue on the print head and that it needed servicing hours away from where I live.  Does anyone here have an idea of what is going on Or how I might fix this problem?  I have run a head cleaning and it does not seem to help.  The good part is that as I print the mark is becoming more faint.  Is there an easy way I can wipe off the print head myself?

Thanks,

Hugh

deanwork

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

Well that sounds like you've got ink on a section of the paper transport rollers. That happens a lot. Find a good bright shop light and go in there and clean off the rollers with a damp non lint cloth. I'd also try to clean off the bottom of the print head while you are in there.

john

Quote from: HSakols
Hi,
When I try and make a 14x21 inch print on my Epson 4800 I get a thin dark streak that is about an inch long on the left edge of the print.  I'm ok when I print 12x18 because the streak appears off the print.  I called epson and they said that there may be residue on the print head and that it needed servicing hours away from where I live.  Does anyone here have an idea of what is going on Or how I might fix this problem?  I have run a head cleaning and it does not seem to help.  The good part is that as I print the mark is becoming more faint.  Is there an easy way I can wipe off the print head myself?

Thanks,

Hugh

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:47:18 am »

Quote from: deanwork
Well that sounds like you've got ink on a section of the paper transport rollers. That happens a lot. Find a good bright shop light and go in there and clean off the rollers with a damp non lint cloth. I'd also try to clean off the bottom of the print head while you are in there.

john
Thanks it worked!

lukasz

Re: Epson 4800 makes streak mark
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:13:28 pm »

actually came up for a fix for the streaks on the 4800 made a video on how to fix it, thought I would share. check it out, it should work for model close to it too:

http://www.grscreenprinting.com/epson-stylus-pro-4800-and-others-roller-mark-fix
Pages: [1]   Go Up