Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Mexico  (Read 2169 times)

shutterpup

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 489
New Mexico
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:53:24 pm »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:56:43 pm by shutterpup »
Logged

cmi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 492
New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:37:06 pm »

Comeon, put it up again. Dont delete it even if it gets zero response. Sometimes it can take time until a meaningful answer forms.

Out of my head, the mood, the colors, very nice, the image has appeal, but I was not comfortable with the view, it didnt quite work compositionally for me. It had a nice background, and a nice foreground, but the center where the water was, that part was a bit empty for me, so nice scene, but the view not really focused on anything. Nevertheless a very good try, and you are getting better.

Christian
Logged

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:48:19 pm »

Pup, I agree with Christian. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. As Christian said, sometimes it's a good idea to wait a bit before plunging in with a critique. There were some good things about that picture, but I think that what I'd have asked you is what you intended to convey when you shot it. I thought I'd give it another look or two before I asked the question.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:44 pm »

If it is the one I'm thinking of I simply couldn't identify the subject.  Was going to come back to it late.  (Um, like now, actually.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:58:09 pm by DarkPenguin »
Logged

Ed Blagden

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 502
New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:15:19 am »

Pup,

Why did you take down the picture?  It wasn't so bad!  From memory:

- Good colours and mood; I liked the relatively bright foreground contrasting with the gloom and doom laden background.
- Compositionally, you could happily lose that nearby strip of grass in the near foreground.  Also, unfortunately, the sky was not variegated enough so you could happily lose that too.
- The image looked quite low-res, like you had used a cameraphone or a small P&S.  Probably not the best equipment for landscape.

Ed
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
New Mexico
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:02:56 am »

Now that I've had a chance to study it closely, I'd say that the right eye appears larger than the left.

I'm not sure why that particular emoticon says "New Mexico" more than any other, such as   .

Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
New Mexico
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 12:11:13 pm »

Quote from: EricM
Now that I've had a chance to study it closely, I'd say that the right eye appears larger than the left.

I'm not sure why that particular emoticon says "New Mexico" more than any other, such as   .
Yes, I see what you mean... and the yellow may be oh so slightly oversaturated?  There is nice shadow detail in the lower right, though...
 

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up